Paladin Runes - Addon
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Krzychu
Hidden Character
Hidden Character

Paladin Runes - Addon

Whatever happened to the "level 3" paladin runes - Greater Healing and Destroy Evil? I am confused - I'm at the end of the game and I still don't have them. Were those runes just cut out in the AddOn or is this a bug I'm experiencing?
Post Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:23 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

They aren't in the game anymore. It's not a bug.
Those mighty runes used to be very easy to get (kill two bosses and loot their corpses), but with the addon both runes were removed from the game.

You can only get a few Greater Healing and Destroy Evil SCROLLS from the militia in the harbour.
Post Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:55 pm
Jazzy_s
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Yes it's true the runes where removed, but it wasn't interesting with them anyway they where to powerfull, I like swords( one handed).
Post Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:48 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Looked for them the last time I played through the add-on as well. Can't say that I miss them though, although it was a whole lot of fun to just cruise through the orcs with the runes, haha. Still, I like the challenge of the add-on more than the overpowered hero in the regular version.
Post Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:00 pm
Zekspir
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Umh, I found at least one of them . . . but I was very confused so far . . . thing is , I knew about them (and used them) since G2 but i was unable to receive them while in G2 + addon (play in progress). What is more baffling is that I found a Destroy Evil rune on the body of Nefarius after the mages left through the portal (in the mine at the stairs near the stone circle where you recharge the Eye . . . one of the stone circles where you activate the switches in order to obtain the ornaments is nearby - I think is the one you go to with Lares; In the mine were a lot of skeletons, a few skeleton warriors and the body of nefarius - who btw is still alive and well in the Addon world, so it seems this is one of the new locations used to store the bodies of those chars removed from the world - old story.). Even weirder is that is now listed as a Circle 6 Rune, not a paladin rune anymore , so i am unable to use it (still looks - graphicaly - as a paladin rune - you know greyish-light blue or something . . .
Found a few other runes (sold`em all ) plus a useless piece of paper (blank) that disssapears from inventory when used (blank so nothing to read on it ).
I think Greater healing may be in the possesion of another water mage (as a Circle Rune) but I don`t know the location of the mine in the addon world where the bodies are stored (since Mixyr left Jhandakar for Khorinis to relief Vatras) in order to check this . . .
Post Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:57 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by Zekspir
What is more baffling is that I found a Destroy Evil rune on the body of Nefarius after the mages left through the portal (in the mine at the stairs near the stone circle where you recharge the Eye . . .

I found one of the water mages in the cave in Dexter's hideout, the one with the skeletons. I believe it was Myxir, and he didn't have that rune on him.

It's a bug that G2 has once in a while too. When some npc crosses a boarder and goes to another region (say from Khorinis to Jharkendar), the "Khorinis-version" is killed and placed in some invicible cave and a "Jarhendar-version" is created in Jharkendar. Sometimes the killed version is placed in the wrong cave and not behind a certain wall and then you can find him.
Post Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:49 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Yup, but I never actually looted such a bugged corpse. Interesting to learn that it had some decent loot on it, but I wonder why they gave the runes to the magicians instead of just removing them. I think I'll have to kill the water mages in my next mage game to see what runes they have - if they do indeed have the highest Paladin spells as mage spells, it would be amazing to get them. They are, by far, more mana efficient than the normal mage spells, and have great damage.
Post Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:43 pm
TheCleric
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

How to get one of the "Destroy Evil" Runes with the Add-On installed may be a moot point. I just got through replaying the game with the Add-On and found that the scroll version didn't seem to work (unsure if the Rune would or not).

I used it in the past to kill the end boss monster and was quite surprised to find it having absolutely no effect on it this time!

So, if the spell no longer works there's no reason to bother trying to find a rune for it.
Post Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:42 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Maybe it just doesn't work on the Undead Dragon anymore. In G2 the paladin runes already worked on humanoid enemies, like Orcs and Lizardmen and not on normal humans or animals.
Post Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:43 am
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

They worked on orcs and lizardmen because the spell is damaging the 'evil' creatures and those 2 races obviously aren't 'good' With the add-on, this effect was perhaps considered too good to have, as with enough mana and mana potions and paladin runes, the orcs could have been killed quite easily and where's the challenge then.
Post Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:34 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

So on what creatures IS it working in the addon??
Post Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:32 pm