Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Wizards & Warriors

How do I enter ther Serpants temple?
Post Mon Sep 08, 2003 4:52 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

You can get a key talking to the priest out front, but you have to go in a back door. IIRC, it's located on the west side of the temple.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:32 pm
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

the entrance is nowhere near the temple.

Its about two small ponds away southwest. Swim underwater and click on a broken grate.

The key from the guy out front is to open a secret room inside the temple.

Standard hard to find pull lever opens the entrance room.
Post Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:07 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

I remember the entrance, but I thought the grate was locked.

A little pre-advice: You'll find a tunnel that goes underwater for a bit inside the temple. Make certain you save first. There's a bug where the game doesn't realize you can surface for air. There's all sorts of theories about how to walk up the slope that gets you out of the water, but it always seemed like dumb luck to me.
Post Tue Sep 09, 2003 10:15 pm
Sir Markus
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Yes, the entrance to the serpents temple is not through the front area. I remember I gave up, found some other things to do, and eventually I stumbled upon the back entry to the temple. I do remember (I think) that having a raft made it a lot easier to access the area where the entry is.
Post Wed Sep 10, 2003 12:00 am
Kiff
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I've gone in every room and done everything...even killed the jailed prisoner. But I can't find the boss of the serpent temple. I got to this room that has about 6 iron doors on it...I drop a coin in and it says..."the doors creak but fail to open." The finish to the serpents temple has to be in there...or I also got to a room where I can place the little figures I got...but I only have found two and there are 5 places to put them...any hints there?
Post Thu Sep 11, 2003 2:17 pm
Ozymandias
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

quote:
Originally posted by Kiff
I've gone in every room and done everything

Hmm, I doubt that You have much left to explore
If you had talked to the prisoner instead of killing him he would have given you some hints.

Do you see some switches/levers (four I think) near the 6 doors? If you do, you need to find the right combination for each door.

The text below (locations of figurines) is scrambled using ROT-13 - I use EditPad Lite from www.jgsoft.com it's free and very good.

Lbh arrq sbhe zbaxrl svthevarf naq bar fanxr svthevar...bar vf sbhaq oruvaq bar bs gur qbbef, nabgure vf uryq ol n zbaxrl jub vf ehaavat nebhaq vafvqr, nabgure bar vf va gur xvgpura nern. V qba'g erzrzore jurer gur bgure gjb ner ybpngrq, fbeel.

Disclaimer: I can not be held responsible for anything whatsoever as a result of you reading this post.
Post Thu Sep 11, 2003 8:28 pm
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

theres a walkthrough in iron works.

Have u put all the monkey statues and serpent statue in the library and used the elevator?
Post Fri Sep 12, 2003 2:30 am
Kiff
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

quote:
Originally posted by the mighty stamar
theres a walkthrough in iron works.

Have u put all the monkey statues and serpent statue in the library and used the elevator?

Nope I've only found two status and i'm guessing it takes 5.
Post Fri Sep 12, 2003 1:34 pm
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

um.... well there ya go lol.

Ok theres 5 statues there might be 6 one of them is a serpent.

Ok, one of the statues is in the possesion of a running monkey, you recall a bunch of monkeys ran out in one room?

Ok, well that monkey can get lost. He can eventually run someplace you cant find him.

The other statues are all in chests.

Did you open all of the puzzle rooms where u put in coins?

There is also a puzzle that requires you to make a potion out of the spiders egg. You do it next to the room where u killed the prisoner.

You put the egg next to the drain. you go one story down and u put a black bottle on that thing then you go up to the top and operate the press. This is tricky so I spelled it out for you. That is something you need to do to open up the temple room and fight the naga and what not.
Post Fri Sep 12, 2003 4:32 pm
Kiff
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

quote:
Originally posted by the mighty stamar

Did you open all of the puzzle rooms where u put in coins?

There is also a puzzle that requires you to make a potion out of the spiders egg. You do it next to the room where u killed the prisoner.

You put the egg next to the drain. you go one story down and u put a black bottle on that thing then you go up to the top and operate the press. This is tricky so I spelled it out for you. That is something you need to do to open up the temple room and fight the naga and what not.

Did I open all of the puzzle rooms where I put in coins? No haven't opened any of them...don't know how...I just keep losing coins!

About the spider egg potion and the press...How am I supposed to know that??? Thanks for the help though.

But how do I enter the coin locked rooms?
Post Fri Sep 12, 2003 5:41 pm
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

ok well one of the monkey statues is in there so u have to do that anyway.

Well as i recall there are just different things to pull or turn or something. one combination opens 2 doors, another closes it and opens a different two doors.
Keep trying til you get them open and get the monkey statue lol I dont recall the exact combinations. Nothing too difficult about that. Just save as opposed to getting that many coins I would say it might take a lot.

Ya, in the brazier room you use the incense the spider juice and the wand from the library and it opens up. The monkey statues are used in the library room they create an elevator up. That is everything in a nutshell, statues and 3 items opens the door, then there are tough monsters to kill on that other side.

Well you have lots of clues that you need spider juice in the dungeon, but the actual process of making it.... none. Very tough to figure that out.

Heres what ur looking for btw http://www.tgeweb.com/ironworks/wizardswarriors/quest-serpentemple.shtml

also ironworks has an active wizards and warriors forum.
Post Sat Sep 13, 2003 4:26 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

The fact that you don't get the slightest hint about how to do certain things (like the spider juice press) is a clue about the quality of the game overall. 6 additional months of development might have been enough to rescue the game from itself. Of course, Activision refusing to support the game after release didn't help matters anyway.

W&W had the potential to be a great game. If one can overlook the numerous bugs and ignore some ridiculous design decisions, it can still be a decent experience. IMO, of course...
Post Sat Sep 13, 2003 1:44 pm