Stats Problem
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Nightwing
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Stats Problem

I have a pretty strong Nord, (well he is supposed to be strong...95 strength in fact!) but for some odd reason, the stat number is red and 30 points are missing. I have literally drowned myself in cure blight and common disease potions. I have prayed to those freakin rocks in the temple over and over...I have also looked through some FAQs but I don't seem to find any useful info. Oh yeah and I have a couple symbols next to my mini-map, they are all white background with blue symbols. Maybe there are items that are detrimental if you have them in your possession?
Post Tue Oct 07, 2003 12:50 am
Nightwing
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Good news, I spoke about 15 minutes too soon. I went to the alchemist in Balmora and bought some restore strength potions and that did the trick. Why didn't I think of that sooner? Of course that makes this a useless thread...but who cares? I am happy now!
Post Tue Oct 07, 2003 1:19 am
gdgrimm
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Originally posted by Nightwing
Good news, I spoke about 15 minutes too soon. I went to the alchemist in Balmora and bought some restore strength potions and that did the trick. Why didn't I think of that sooner? Of course that makes this a useless thread...but who cares? I am happy now!

A word of advice about a "bug" IRT to things like this.

Say your Nord has a base strength of 90. Your stat's will show a tan "90".

If you put on a Constant Effect Fortify Strength item (or get a blessing at a temple) that adds 5 strength, your stat's will show a white "95".

Now let's say you get hit with a Bonewalker's drain strength spell. Your stat's may now show a red "80".

Here comes the bug. If you drink a Restore Strength potion (or get a Restore abilities blessing), your stat will only go back up to a tan "90". Which means when you unequip your CE item (or your strenght blessing wears off), you'll be back to "85" strength and will need another Restore Strength spell.

The moral of the story is, alway remove all spell affects that increase stats, before you attempt to restore the stats that were decreased by spell effects.
Post Tue Oct 07, 2003 6:28 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I had several difficult situation. I had full inventory of wonderful and useful items and someone drained my strenght...
Post Tue Oct 07, 2003 6:29 pm
~NOBODY~
The One And Only
The One And Only

quote:
Originally posted by Danicek
I had several difficult situation. I had full inventory of wonderful and useful items and someone drained my strenght...

Yea, and what next?
Post Tue Oct 07, 2003 7:34 pm