Finished Wiz 8 a few days ago *spoilers*
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
JDR13
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Finished Wiz 8 a few days ago *spoilers*

Pretty fun ride. I would definitely have to put Wiz 8 in the top ten rpg's I've ever played, and believe me, I've played a lot. I did all three endings plus the BOFFO ending, and even though they were entertaining, I wish they had been a little longer.

My party...
Fighter
Monk
Bard
Gadgeteer
Wizard
Bishop
RFS-81
Vi Domina

I thought the game was a little easy towards the end. My party was level 25 when I finished the game and the Dark Savant was a breeze. I thought the Soul Eater boss on Ascension Peak was tougher to beat than he was.

A few questions....

I did the Alliance Quest but I didn't notice any impact on the game at all from it. Someone told me that you find the bodies of Z'ant and General Yamir on Ascension Peak if you finish that quest but that didn't happen in my game.

Why does the Dark Savant drop his glove after you kill him if you can't pick it up?

I had some ammo called 'Powerpacks' that I never found a use for. What weapon did this go with and where was it to be found?
Post Tue May 09, 2006 1:34 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

A great game indeed. Glad you enjoyed it.

1) I've done the alliance on a couple of my wins. Once I found the bodies as advertised. The other time I didn't. Don't know whether I just overlooked the bodies, or if there's some other trigger in the story I'm missing.

2) Beats me. There's several strange things going on on that map. Did you notice the spot on your radar that you couldn't get to? I think I'd chalk all those up to unfinished business as Sir-Tech tried to get the game out the door before it died.

3) IIRC, the powerpacks are used to charge an item that could import with a Wiz7 winning party. I'm not aware of any use for them strictly within Wiz8.

So, you ready to put together another party yet? And none of those pesky RPCs this time!
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Tue May 09, 2006 3:03 am
JDR13
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

quote:
Originally posted by dteowner
A great game indeed. Glad you enjoyed it.

So, you ready to put together another party yet? And none of those pesky RPCs this time! :wink:

I just wanted Vi Domina for story purposes and I thought the end banter was pretty cool with her, even though I think Bela just says the same thing if she's not there. RFS-81 was a whirlwind of death by the end of the game. He was landing 6-7 blows per round and doing more damage than my fighters were with Ivory Blade or Fang.

Lol. As much as I enjoyed this game, I'm so backed up with other games I need to play, it will be quite some time before I'll be able to play Wiz 8 again.
My next goal is to play Morrowind again from start to finish and then move on to Oblivion. I just picked up a copy of Call of Cthulhu though, so i'm going to play that first. So many games, so little time!
Post Tue May 09, 2006 4:16 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Congrats on finishing the game. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Post Wed May 10, 2006 7:01 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Congrats on your win and welcome to the club!
Post Thu May 11, 2006 1:21 am