Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
G2 Gold NotR Installed: Now, what exactly is going on?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Warmskin
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

G2 Gold NotR Installed: Now, what exactly is going on?

OK, I just bought G2 Gold (in English, I live in the USA).
The eh... "manual" that comes with doesn't explain anything and the on-disc manuals are still somewhat vague. I'm assuming that I start the game out just like I did with the original G2 (finished that a couple years ago). But at what point do I know I'm actually playing NotR? Everything in the tower seems identical to what I experienced in the original. Do I have to finish all the quests all over again in this to be as strong as I need to be to compete in NotR? I have to start completely over?
When installing this, I put in 3 of the 4 discs per the instructions, but when I got to the end of the third disc, nothing happened. It just stopped. No msg telling me to do anything else, so I assumed I needed to put in disc 4. I guess I was right because it told me it was installing NotR.
So, do I see an example soon of the expansion actually working? I heard it's harder, but will I come to a *new* location soon? These are just general questions on how the expansion works, BTW, not a request for spoilers. Thanks a lot.
Post Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:24 am
txa1265
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

You will know you are in new territory when talking to Xardas the first time ... if not then, then you will knew when you are half-way down the hill and meet up with a person rather than a bunch of goblins ... in other words, it seems completely integrated!

Mike

Check out my blog.
Post Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:36 am
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

Ass MIke said, The add-on content is integrated quite smoothly into chapters 1 & 2 of the game.

You will see changes immediately in the form of new quests, different characters, changed environments, new dialouge, new ways to solve old quests, etc. There is also lots of new equipment, new spells, and substantial changes to the character advancement system.

And then of course, there is a whole new part of the island that you will gain access to once you complete a certain portion of the add-on quests *within* Khorinis proper. It is here where the real meat of the add-on is and you will most likely finish it in Chapter 2 (though you can drag it out to Chapter 3).

Trust me, there is enough new stuff in Khorinis to make the build-up to visiting the add-on world not seem like a rehash of the regular G2.
Post Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:50 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

And the add-on world is great! In fact, if I can't get an English version(I have a German now) of NotR before G3 comes out, I will buy Gothic 2 Gold from the US and get it shipped over just to get it in English(despite the fact that I already have G2 in English). You're in for a treat.
Post Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:24 pm