zie526
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Bow>>>>>>>1H or Magic

In G2:NOTR
I passed the game as 1H Paladin and enjoyed the process of fighting

But as the second time I chose Bow
The game tended to be quit easy

1.make your bow skill 100 (Total 132 Learning Points)
A.10-34 (use 24 LP)
B.34-64 (use 60 LP)
C.64-70 (use 18 LP)
D.70-100 (Read stonetablets, first learn ancient language 30 LP)

2.make your DEX 160 (more or 120 points)
A.10-34 (use 24 LP)
B.34-64 (use 60 LP)
C.64-160or higher
(
a.your either learn it from master,spending 3,4,5 LP each point
b.or read Stonetablets for 24 points
c.or Drink Poion of DEX for 45 points:assume 15 bottles in toal,buy.get and brew, need to learn the skill of brewing, 20 LP
)

For money, you just need to spend 2 LP on Forge sword and keep buying raw steels from Bennet.

So when u are Level 26, 260 LP makes your a bowman with DEX 160 and Bow skill 100.
U take a dragon bow out. shoot down shadowbeasts and wrag like bugs. And orc warrior only need 2 or 3 long distant shoots. Dragons are even easier cause they merely move, just stood there receiving your arrows
I met the Undead Dragon and then shoot it down with about 10 arrows then the game is over (DEX 200 DragonBow 160 Bowskill 100)........Oh, my God
Post Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:29 am
zie526
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Oh,not to mention, when beasts come near, you don't bother to produce 1h or 2h weapon, just keep bow-shooting, they will take each shoot without blocks.

I assume iF G2NOTR can be multiplay PK.
1her and 2her will be crushed by bower like bugs, maybe mage's death wave can blow down bower, just maybe
Post Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:35 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Interesting, but how is it at first. In the end every character is powerful, mage, figther, archer. But the road to it differs a lot.
Post Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:57 pm
Gotit
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

There's perhaps a disbalance anyway. Not for pvp point of view but for gameplay. Anyway the only great figth system in Gothic is the close fight, neither long-range nor pure magic are as as fun and as subtil. Additionaly for long-range no aiming is a strong decrease of pleasure, it's MMORPG crap to manage possible lags but a game shouldn't do that choice for long-range. You can't even anticipate movements plus you lost the pleasure to aim.
Post Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:33 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Just did a bow game myself, and the end is by far easier with Magic because you have area effect damage(you can clear out the whole chapter 6 island with a few rain of fire/wave of death). Being a ranger(using bow) is also a lot harder than fighter types when getting to the end of the game. When trying to do the add-on world you're going to have a few serious problems with arrow-resistant creatures like guardians or golems. Also, trolls will kick your ass when using a bow.

I'd say that difficulty can be ranked like this:
Start of the game: Fighter
Middle of the game: Ranger
End of the game: Magician

In regards to the PvP thing - anyone using Ice Block could beat anyone, because 19 seconds of guaranteed freeze is enough to kill anything, regardless of class.
Post Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:00 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by Maylander
In regards to the PvP thing - anyone using Ice Block could beat anyone, because 19 seconds of guaranteed freeze is enough to kill anything, regardless of class.

Not so sure about that. Beliar's Claw doesn't seem to be doing his lightning attack when the enemy is frozen, I've tried it on several Orc Elite, but the lighting didn't strike even once. Without the iceblock the lightning came about two out of three attacks.
Post Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:44 am