Mistake?!?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Divinity & Beyond Divinity

Author Thread
Dunmer King
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Mistake?!?

Uh, O.K. I'm playing Divine Divinity right now and I've been playing a mage. Well, I have kind of neglected putting points on strength, constitution, and agility so I am stuck using only magic. Only the enemies I fight now are EXTREMELY resistant to magic and thus are kicking the snot out of my weak, constant potion quaffing mage. Not to mention the potions are burning through my money reserves. I am level 23 and am having a hard time fighting things to level up since they are so immune. Is there hope for my mage or should I restart as a battle mage? Help is appreciated.
Post Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:46 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Withering Curse - It'll drop their resistances like a brick.
Magical Might - Gives you a nice strength boost if you have to get down and dirty.
Bless - This impoves all of your stats.
Fade from Sight - Great for hit and run tactics, which you need to do if you're playing a pure mage.
Aura of Guarding - This'll make a magic shield which absorbs physical damage and helps keep your mage alive if he gets surrounded.
Freeze - This'll stop your opponents right in their tracks and let's you rip away their resistances and blast them with a Meteorstrike.
Energy Cage - Traps your opponents so that you can strike them at your leisure.
Limbs of Lead - This will slow your opponents and let's you stay one step ahead of them.

When playing a pure mage you can't just focus on attack spells. You need some spells that either boost your character's stats so he can take a hit or allow you to use hit and run tactics so your character doesn't get hit.
Post Fri Jun 18, 2004 5:49 pm
Dunmer King
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Thanks Val. I will start putting skill points onto the skills you mentioned.
Post Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:53 am