Usergroups
I might be wrong....
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

I might be wrong on most of the comments that I have made implying that Morrowind will probably reflect Bethsoft's history of publishing junk-software (games rushed to Gold Box before the bugs are out..{Arena, Daggerfall, Battlesphere, the list goes on and on}). After reading the "previews" of some of the leading reviewers, I am of the impression that Morrowind might just be a good game after all. No, make that a Great game. I'm all jazzed now, bring out Morrowind, because I'm ready.
Post Wed Mar 20, 2002 4:56 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

Ye hath been converted. I do remember reading that in hours of gameplay, they [some reviewers] were not able to find a bug, save small biting ones.

Post Wed Mar 20, 2002 5:03 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

I shall remain cynical until gameplay turns me into a raving fanboi. I guess it comes with the M on the forehead.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Wed Mar 20, 2002 7:43 pm
Bigpapa
Stranger from north
Stranger from north

Heh, maybe i just buy that game, i'm ready too. So i guess i believe it is worthy

Post Wed Mar 20, 2002 9:57 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Ready!
Post Wed Mar 20, 2002 10:20 pm

GODAMNIT

everyone is getting so hyped up about a game that isn't goinna be out for liek at least 3 more months.

Wanna know why? cause complaing a*sholes liek you all b*tch and whine about how morrowind will be to buggy. So in fear of people not buyign they are betatesting the shit out of it.

I bet this priview verion of morrowind would already be out by know if people like you all didn't whine so much

I say release a buggy game, and then patch it up to what it should be, least that way we can play it without waiting 3 more months cause of you pricks
Post Thu Apr 04, 2002 9:16 pm

Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Ah, a new face... and if you're going to be so nice to everybody, mate, you'll need protection for sure, and in no time at that.
Just good that I'm not on my turf here - I'd rather not intervene on behalf of a member of Gripers Anonymous.

Back to the topic. As for Morrowind, I want it, no matter if it comes out in May or not, and it can't be as buggy as Daggerfall was - I'm afraid that's physically impossible .

Post Thu Apr 04, 2002 10:06 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

Hmm, then why has a local store (EB) already received the shipping order forms dated: April 30th?

And the press copy, do you say it is complete fallacy?

Welcome to the boards.

Post Thu Apr 04, 2002 10:24 pm
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

Ahhhhh, I just love people who enjoy flaming boards behind the cover of anoynimity.

I'm with you, Max...after reading all of the rave reviews...I may just be ready to plop down the cash for this game immediately! hm...maybe I'll wait and see what Rendelius has to say after he plays the beta..

--George C. Scott as General George S. Patton, 'Patton' movie

[ This Message was edited by: iplaygames2 on 2002-04-04 17:49 ]
Post Thu Apr 04, 2002 10:43 pm
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

quote:

On 2002-04-04 15:16, Anonymous wrote:
GODAMNIT

everyone is getting so hyped up about a game that isn't goinna be out for liek at least 3 more months.

Wanna know why? cause complaing a*sholes liek you all b*tch and whine about how morrowind will be to buggy. So in fear of people not buyign they are betatesting the shit out of it.

I bet this priview verion of morrowind would already be out by know if people like you all didn't whine so much

I say release a buggy game, and then patch it up to what it should be, least that way we can play it without waiting 3 more months cause of you pricks

I would take that as an insult; if I could only understand what you were trying to say.

But, what can be expected from someone that doesn't have the guts to register and only can hide under the skirts of Anonymous

Post Thu Apr 04, 2002 11:18 pm
Seth
Last Man Standing
Last Man Standing

How easy is to scream at people behind the monitor. After such post there is nothing left but shake head. Personally I would rather wait few more months for the game to be clean up that have apoplexy attack every time it freezes. But that's me.

Post Thu Apr 04, 2002 11:56 pm

[quote]
On 2002-04-04 16:24, sauron38 wrote:
Hmm, then why has a local store (EB) already received the shipping order forms dated: April 30th?

And the press copy, do you say it is complete fallacy?

Welcome to the boards.

Yeah,i have allready preorder Morrowind from EB and date is realy on 4/30 )
Post Fri Apr 05, 2002 3:49 am

sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

Then don't talk to us, you're the one who started it, complaining about how *your* game will be late. Say this in the Morrowind.com forums, and see how long it will be until you are banned.

Good day to you, Sir.

Time for another AOL Instant Beatdown?

Post Fri Apr 05, 2002 5:11 am

This is a different anonymous, I agree with the original anominous. Surley the game is good enough to play in its current state. Why not release now and patch later?
Post Fri Apr 05, 2002 5:41 am

Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

Very simple reason for that: it will be released for XBox simultneously, and there is no patching for console games. Either you get it right fist time, or you are into serious troubles.
Morrowind is close to gold now, and i think we can firmly rely on a May release, which could be early or late may, I don't know. I'll give you my first hand report on how buggy or bug free the game is in the press preview version once I have it in my hand (which should be in less than a week), so far my only indication for a more or less bug free game is what I read in reviews, like you.
Fun thing is that PC gamers will be able to "patch" the game themselves, using the editor *g*. I think the first "patch" I will do is to build a very small island offshore and erect my home there *g*.

Post Fri Apr 05, 2002 8:38 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next