gorn
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

gorn

I just entered chapter 4 and met diego again. 2 questions: should i first go back to the new camp or search for gorn and lester? and where the hell is gorn? i did find lester where i expected him but couldn't find gorn anymore
also a few side questions: at the old monastery there is a pillar at the top but i don't know how to reach the other platform
also 2 doors inside the castle yard one close at the smith and then the one at the left side of the castle can't b openend with lockpick so where do you get the keys for those doors
I also found an entrance above fisks hut(or close too it ) and can't get the door in there open neither???
I am a member of the brotherhood
hope you guys can help cause i love this game even more then diablo and then means a lot with me
Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 9:04 pm
Dysguised22
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ok...let's go by order of your questions, shall we?
1...you can either go right away to find gorn and lester or wait a while...it's no matter unless you want the XP right away. ...Lester is where you left him and gorn is back at the new camp further up the OUTSIDE of the cave (on your way to the free mine past where cord trains 1h weapons.

2....the pillar at the monestary is a bug. ...no matter how hard you try to move it over to the other side, it always falls the wrong way. ...the chest on the other side is a complete waste anyways. ...all it is, i think, is a torch, razor, amphora and that's about it. (if not those specific items, then other crappy ones like them) ...if you're dying to really get over there and know. ...make a seperate save game and go and get yourself the acrobatics skill in the new camp. Having that will get you across simply by jumping. ...after you see what a crappy chest that is and a waste of XP points getting the acrobatics was...load up that saved game from earlier and continue on with the game.

3.....The door close the smith i have never opened. ...i've played the game 3 times, each with a different class of character and with a different camp and never opened that door next to the smith. ...the door at the left of the castle as well as that little entry way above Fisks lead to the same place. ...there's a pretty good sword in there however, by the time you get in there, that sword is child's play to you. ...visit the old camp at chap 5 after you get a "special" rune (you'll know what i mean when you find it) along with a "special" piece of inventory. (once again, you should know when you find these 2 things in the same place)

4....fisks hut...answered in #3.

...hopes that helps buddy. ...if u need any more assistance just lemme know.

--Dys--
Post Mon Aug 04, 2003 5:38 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

2....the pillar at the monestary is a bug. ...no matter how hard you try to move it over to the other side, it always falls the wrong way. ...the chest on the other side is a complete waste anyways. ...all it is, i think, is a torch, razor, amphora and that's about it. (if not those specific items, then other crappy ones like them) ...if you're dying to really get over there and know. ...make a seperate save game and go and get yourself the acrobatics skill in the new camp. Having that will get you across simply by jumping. ...after you see what a crappy chest that is and a waste of XP points getting the acrobatics was...load up that saved game from earlier and continue on with the game. <---------------- u can also get over there by a scroll named Bloodfly Transsfer u dont need to use XP and LP even then
Post Mon Aug 04, 2003 2:26 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

The pillar is not a bug - it's there to test your patience.
Post Mon Aug 04, 2003 5:14 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

thx a lot for the help
one more question: acrobatics learn it or los of experience?
Post Mon Aug 04, 2003 7:11 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Depends on what you like or don't like. Acrobatics help you to travel faster, jump higher and farther and thus get to places you actually aren't supposed to go .
You don't NEED the skill to finish the game, but it may come in handy.
Post Mon Aug 04, 2003 7:38 pm
Korzen
Forsaken
Forsaken

On the second hand someone in an ore armor looks quite strange rolling on the ground after a jump
Post Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:43 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

yeah but remember allways its a fantasy game
Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 2:32 pm
Jhared
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

actually you can get to that second platform in the monastery without having acrobatic skills. you just have to transform yourself into a bloodfly.

a neat thing this bloodfly transformation is, as it can get you to most places providing you have a sort of a solid base beneath your stings

anyway to get to the second platform, transform into a bloodfly and go the entrance of the whole monastery. by the gate, notice a sort of part of the mountain that's interlinked with the fence and the gate. use that part of the mountain get to the top and drop on the second platform.
Post Sat Aug 09, 2003 12:16 am