Post Wed May 08, 2002 9:00 am

ske

yes

yes
Post Wed May 08, 2002 10:14 am

ske

oops

woops
anyway, you need a 80k value grand soul gem to do it .. first encountered mobs to give that much are golden saints (actually i dont even know if there are any that give more)
Post Wed May 08, 2002 10:16 am

I stole a soul gem worth 600,000 is that big enough? How exactly would i go about to create a permanent effect item?
Post Wed May 08, 2002 11:15 am

harze2k
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

you need a soul gem that can take 400 charges...and those aren't easy to find =) there is 2 i heard of in the entire game!
Post Wed May 08, 2002 12:10 pm

An Ascended Sleeper has a Soul Value of 400 also.

The best Soul Gem I have found is an empty
Grand Soul Gem worth 200gp. Is there a better one(empty)?

I'm not a virgin anymore!!!!!!
I played Daggerfall for 100s of hours and never trapped
a soul. I trapped my first soul in Morrowind last night.

Has anyone created a Constant Effect item yet?
Post Wed May 08, 2002 12:20 pm

elonin
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

constanct effect items

yes i've created a few, though i've had to use an enchanter npc. the best items have to be found. And there is a better soul gem that is a quest item which i think you can store anything in.

elonin
Post Sun May 04, 2003 2:27 am
Sarge
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The best Soul Gem is the Azura Star but is hard to find.If you An cathc An Ascended Sleeper it cost 2000000 gold .
The Gem is intersting because when tou creat an item ,then it is empty and ready for use again.
To have the gem you will have to go to Azura Cost Region and find one of the Azuras Temples.There is Statue of Azura which will give you a Quest ,and if you complete it you will have the soul gam.
Yes you can create items with constant effect.
Post Sun May 18, 2003 9:50 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Sarge
The best Soul Gem is the Azura Star but is hard to find.If you An cathc An Ascended Sleeper it cost 2000000 gold .

I thought that the best soulgem is the Azura Star with Vivec's soul in it: value, 5E+6 drakes... I guess I'm wrong...

One more answer to the question...

Q: Is it possible to make a constant effect item?

A: It really depends on:
  1. (primarily) Your trapped soul. Don't expect to make a constant effect item with a gem with mudcrab, because only souls with at least 400 charges allow constant-effect. The "best" souls are golden saint (400 charges), ascended sleeper (400 charges) and of course Vivec (1000 charges)

2. The enchantment capacity of your item. For instance, you may have a harder time to make high-quality magic items if you're enchanting a relatively low-capacity item such as belts and chitin pauldrons. (THAT doesn't mean that you can't enchant constant effect with them--any enchantable item can have constant effect, as long as your given soul is strong enough.) On the other hand, ebony staves, daedric towershields, exquisite rings, etc., all have high enchantment capacities. Thus, you can make a high-quality magic item with constant effect with them.

3. Your Enchant skill and Intelligence. There is a chance that you'll fail--your soul will disappear, item remain unaffected and gem still remains. If you're not able to make an item because you're not skillful enough, you can either train yourself or go visit a professional enchanter (the local Mage's Guild has at least one enchanter, as long as I can remember.)

I haven't played Morrowind for a while, so my info may be inaccurate.

This post from the Morrowind official forum provide you with more detailed information about enchanting:

http://www.elderscrolls.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=cheat&Number=1112817&page=&view=&sb=&o=&fpart=all&vc=1
Post Mon May 19, 2003 6:38 am