Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
how to mix reagent in the dwarven forge?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
madmarcos
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

how to mix reagent in the dwarven forge?

ok i can forge a mithril sabre just fine, but the recipe book mentioned mixing in a reagent. i have been unable to add a reagent to any part of the procedure. i would like to use a golem heart, or hell even just garlic.
anyone had any luck enchanting equipment? i finally have the enchant item spell but it doesnt seem to help either.
thanks
Post Sat Nov 09, 2002 9:07 pm
superdarkdude
Village Leader
Village Leader

Haven't got that far, but.....

Don't know about the dwarven forge, or mithril saber, but you can enchant any non-magical weapon anytime, if you have the proper reagent and can cast the Enchant Item spell. First 'Use' the reagent on the weapon and you will hear a confirmation dialog from Aem Shaegar. Then cast Enchant Item on it to make it permanent. I don't know how much time you have before you have to cast the Enchant Item spell, but I try to do it pretty quickly (I put it in a quickcast slot). From my experiments, you can only use 1 reagent per item, which, IMHO, SUCKS!!!! I wanted to make an unbreakable saber of strength with paralyze ability But it seems that only the LAST reagent you use actually matters, so don't waste em. If anyone else has learned anything more (or different) please post! In fact, I think I'll start a new thread
Post Sun Nov 10, 2002 5:05 am
phinos
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

err.. i am having hard time on making that big chunk of mythril into ingots.

can you help me out madmarcos?
Post Sun Nov 10, 2002 5:40 am
madmarcos
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

making ingots

first, which machine is which:
there are 2 machines in the forge. 1 machine has 2 presses that, when activated, go down 1 after the other. this is the weapon casting machine. the other machine is the ingot making machine.
put 2 pieces of the same kind of ore in the box-looking thing (this is the oven). the oven has a door on it that is halfway closed. its a little hard getting them in there. throwing them doesnt seem to work. move right up to the front of the box and click and drag your ore until you see a ghosted image of it appear in the back of the box. once both pieces of ore are in the oven, pull the switch.
to cast the weapon, go to the other machine and stand facing the power supply of the machine so we can figure out what goes where. the weapon mold goes underneath the press to your left. the ingot goes in the container on top of the machine, between the 2 presses. pull the switch and the weapon will be output under the press to your right.
Post Sun Nov 10, 2002 6:29 am
phinos
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

yo madmacros i just found a way to mix the regent

double click the regent and click on the mithryl ingot

thx man
Post Sun Nov 10, 2002 6:57 am