Usergroups
install the addon on english version
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Try the driver thing first. What processor do you have and what chipset does your mainboard have? You can look this up in the mainboard manual which came with your PC.
Post Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:17 pm
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

Maybe a friend can help you to change your CD/DVD drive.If you have any other questions you can post them here.I'm sure someone will help you.
Post Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:05 pm
alexpetersmith
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

OK this is rly pissing me of i have both patches and im aware what i'm about to sya has been said many times already but i CANNOT get the path into extract mode i dont even know where the taarget field is. and if yu just mean the name i tried tht plz tell me how to change and how to get this bloody thing to work
thank you to anyone who helps
Post Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:47 pm
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

Why didn't you ordered the gold edition that includes both games and you wouldn't have problems with it.

@Alexpetersmith

Check the rest of the thread.You can find your answer there somewhere.
Post Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:58 pm
Adanos
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

help plz

i have the oreginal cd problem
and i was wondering.....would instaling the game on a different pc and then copying the whole gothic2 file (from Program files)-putting it on a DVD-and copying onto my pc........ work ?
Post Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:52 pm
Reiben
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

OK! i might have the solution for this problem about the crappin' original cd i missing...

i also have that problem, with the original cd of course...

i did the same procedure as were told to do with the german g2 1.30 patch -> extract the .exe file...

i took the addon setup file and extracted all its file to a folder. this worked fine, got all the files in this folder... but to the point!

when i extracted the files, they where not put in the addon file folders which the installer creates for the game.

so... i need an index of these things:
the name and position of the NotR main folder
then i need the names and positions of the subfolders
then finally, i need to know in where i shall place the files

waiting hopefully for an answer...
Post Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:39 pm
hwfanatic
Average Fanatic
Average Fanatic

Use this batch to sort the files into the Gothic directory. Put it where you extracted the addon files. It works if you installed Gothic 2 to a default location, although with some changes it could work for anyone else.

You can use this file even without owning an original TNotR cd, I suppose, but I strongly urge upon you not to do that. Use it only if you own the game, but it somehow wouldn't work.
Post Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:38 am
Reiben
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

hehehe... the game initializing starts... you know... the testing system configuration crap or whatevver it is...

anyway.... after that the screen fades to black, like when the game starts.... then it flickers betwwen light black, nonlighted black... then dadung! the damn error sound comes up, and evertyhing crashes, and i have to reboot...
(btw: when i used the install.bat, it sais something about system could not find file, thsi is only for one file though...)
anyone to help me?
Post Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:37 pm
hwfanatic
Average Fanatic
Average Fanatic

I wouldn't know. I never used the batch myself as I had no problems with the disk.
Post Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:30 pm
Reiben
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

ahhh... give me help!!!

people are dying out here!!!
Post Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:47 pm
hwfanatic
Average Fanatic
Average Fanatic

Who is dying? Try ignoring the error. Just hit escape or something...

Which file was it, anyway, that the batch reported missing?
Post Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:39 am
No0pti0n
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Extract Mode: Target Box.

quote:
Originally posted by mersil
when i do this i get an error message, saying

The name "D:\New Folder\Gothic2_130_de.exe /X" specified in the Target box is not valid. Make sure the path and file name are correct.

Ok. I AM having a Problem with the target box for the extract mode. I have made the shortcut to the gothic2_130_de.exe. I try to change the TARGET: to "C:\New Folder\Gothic2_130_de.exe /X" But i get that error message. Why is this happening. This happens with anything i try to use that extract mode method with. This is really bugging me. Could you please help me with this.
Post Sat Dec 25, 2004 12:40 am
hwfanatic
Average Fanatic
Average Fanatic

The procedure from the second post is inflated with unnecessary steps. First of all, one can just skip step one, or delete the files; the installation package contains the two files, so that it just copies them opposing to changing the currently present ones. Same goes for step three and four; the installation package copies the new game executable, rather than updating the old one. So you see, you don't really need to "apply" the German 1.30 patch before proceeding at all...
Post Sat Dec 25, 2004 1:08 am
Dragonay
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Same install problem

Reiben
i did everything you sayed about the original insert problem.
but what do you mean with extracting, just run the setup??. That didn't work with me.
i have played The Night of Raven in english before but then my pc crashed and now i can't seem to install it again
Post Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:29 pm
SliceWrists
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Re: add on woes....help please

quote:
Originally posted by Rordog
Hey guys. Maybe I am just not that bright but I am trying to install the german addon onto my english version of gothic 2 and I think I am following the steps outlined above. I replaced exe with german version 1.30 (from patch extraction) and I also renamed the two files by changing the (e) to a (g) for the other exe file and the dll file. then it says to patch with v1.29 and 1.30. Neither patch will install for me as the next button (in german) is greyed out. it says something in bold lettering above it and babelfish translated it to mean "Dai installation program updates Gothic 2 in the indicated file. For installation in another file on selections click. In the indicated file none was found gothic to 2 installation. Elections it a file, in which the Gothic 2 retail version is installed." this is with the pathway setup to be program files/Jowood/gothic2. the game is fully installed in this directory. Anyways if this step could be solved I think I can manage the rest. anywho, help me if you can I am really looking foward to trying out the add on and I would love to be able to play it before the full english finally gets released. thank you
rordog
I think I solved the problem i just had to click the specific pathway.
yeeha.

I have the same problem.I'm trying to fix it for 3 hours now, but the damn thing just wont go,It says i need to choose directory where Gothic 2 -retail version instaled ist so i cant click the 'weiter=next' button.

I instaled english gothic 2 three times, than copy-paste the german 1.30 patch into the system folder, but then the addon doesnt want to install.
Am i doing something wrong???Please try to help because i will go insane
Post Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:10 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next