Did you all buy this game ?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Ragnarok the one
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Did you all buy this game ?

I have 1 friend that buyed the game... and a friend of him got the game from him =)... so I wonder did all of you buy tha game ? It feels kind of stupid when we are a group of 5 friends... and all of us have bought the game =) how often do you see 5 guyes go into a shop and buy 5 games together =) If you can get the game otherwise why dont ? =)

sry for making a new topic... =)

=)

also... my friends have joined all of those thing exept mercenarys.. and I really want to joint them =) is there anything bad with them ? i dont know why all my friend have become paladins... or maby someone is something els =)

Thanks...
Post Fri Jun 20, 2003 11:42 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

If I can get Your car why bother buying my own? I could just kick your ass and take it from You.
It`s the same kind of logic. To be honest popular in Poland where I come from. If Johny stealls its good but if somebody stole from Johny its bad. I play games starting 1984 and ZX Spectrum. Till 1990 we had "best possible social system on the world". Normal worker was earning not enough in month to buy even one game (there were not available in shops and normal versions cuould have been bought only behind Iron Curtain). So till 1995 I was playing hm... lets say copies. My first normal was Quake. From that moment I buy only normal. Pirahnias worked hard and something should be given to them for that. No one of us would like to work for free.
To give credit to my nation, even we have very bad economic situation now, more and more people start to buy normal versions. And we can see great effort from our game publishers. I paid for G2 about 23 euro - and while bought in Media MArkt Network full G1 was freely included.
Post Fri Jun 20, 2003 11:54 pm
Ragnarok the one
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

hm.. yeah kind of know wut you mean.. but it isnt like that car stuff.. =) if i get it from a friend.. i dont TAKE his game like that.. he still have it =) but i have it to... just a copie of it.. but still... i dont know if there are any working cracks now.. :/
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 12:06 am
Ragnarok the one
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

+ many of the shops here That only makes copies of games and sells them...
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 12:10 am
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

As I see it TRUTH IS LIKE ARSE - EVERYONE HAS ITS OWN.
So You do what You think is right and my cheap talk want stop You. I can`t blame You - maybe You can`t afford it - the economy collapsed not only in Poland. But on the other hand if socialsm died on the east its logical now its dying on the west.
Anyhow - last thing on the subject. REALITY IS MOSTLY STATE OF OUR MINDS. Everyone of us doing something wrong, no matter how small this thing would be, puts his small part to overall shit in reality that sorrounds us. So please don`t be angry when someone will rob your house, will not pay you for the work done, beat you up for a few bucks or rape your girl etc. Maybe its hard to see but all of this gets contribution from our little actions.
YOU CAN`T CHANGE THE WORLD BUT YOU MY NOT ALLOW IT TO CHANGE YOU COMPLETELY. I`m not the saint myself but always try to live the way I can look myself in the mirror every day I shave. As Akiro Morita (SONY founder, walkman inventor but I`m not 100% sure if name is right) once answered asked about not beeing afraid to risk all so many times: " I was never afraid because I can never loose everything. I will always have my honour."
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 12:28 am
Ragnarok the one
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

nice speach

thats really nice words you say.... well.. i can just see... i dont afford the game right now... but i might do in a month ! but i dont know if i can wait that long...
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 12:36 am
Ragnarok the one
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

And really it isnt even a (sort of) crime.. its like... to throw a paper on the ground... but it dont destroy the nature cuz i only take it from his computer.. =) And he dont mind...
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 12:39 am
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

One paper won`t destroy the nature. But there are few bilions of us on this planet. If everyone just throws one at the same time we will drown. But aren`t we already drowning anyway?
Is hard to say about borrowing. In theory if too many of us will start to borrow G2 may have poor sell and we will never see G3 or G4 or something really ingenius from Pirahnias in the future. But once again I`m not telling You what to do. Sometimes I`m too stupid to guide myself right so how can I say others what to do.
You have your own mind. I listen to people but always try to have my own opinion, even if sometimes it may be wrong. Otherwise I would start taking for my own opinion of the every last person I talk.
Wiseman learns from others mistakes, fool from his own and idiot none at all. But how many wisemen do we know? So the trick is to avoid beeing idiot.
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 12:58 am
Dog Of War
Village Leader
Village Leader

Re: Did you all buy this game ?

quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarok the one
I have 1 friend that buyed the game... and a friend of him got the game from him =)... so I wonder did all of you buy tha game ? It feels kind of stupid when we are a group of 5 friends... and all of us have bought the game =) how often do you see 5 guyes go into a shop and buy 5 games together =) If you can get the game otherwise why dont ? =)
sry for making a new topic... =)
=)
also... my friends have joined all of those thing exept mercenarys.. and I really want to joint them =) is there anything bad with them ? i dont know why all my friend have become paladins... or maby someone is something els =)
Thanks...

I bet that 99% players from eastern Europe have warez copy..And of course I am in that 1%
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 1:03 am
Ragnarok the one
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

hehe =)
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 1:05 am
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Maybe. But its not something we should be proud of IMHO. Even if its logical - why pay if can get free? I can get every warez. Just call me an idiot. I want to contribute to Pirahna Bytes for their hard work. Think they deserve this.
Btw How many games You can play in a month? It took me over month to finish G2. So I don`t need 100. 1 or 2 in a month is enough. What the game represents can be learned from demo. There are really few good games in every year. Why waste time on those poor?
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 1:13 am
Ragnarok the one
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I dont understand what you mean about that .. I dont buy many games .. I only buys some games a year.. and even if i can get some games free i dont take them if i don want them... but G2 .. that is a kind of game that is something that i really need to have =)
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 1:42 am
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

I`m talking about people (some of them I know personally) collecting everything possible. Mostly they never play till the end cause there is always something new waiting. Never said You are one of them. This and about beeing not too proud - refered to Dog of War.
Anyway I agree that G2 is something definatelly worth playing and wish You great gaming.
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 1:55 am
Ragnarok the one
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

okaj =) same to you =)

I'll see ill buy it if i can afford it.. otherwise.. if there is a crack i borrow it from my friend... if there isnt a crack ! i borrow money from my friend and buy it

Hows about that =D
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 2:01 am
DABhand
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Here we go again, the Warez Topic i remember we had this way back with Gothic.

Ok here we are....

Q1. Warez is wrong, peoples ideas of why should I pay for it when I get it for free?

A1. Because your not contriubuting towards the programmers etc, therefore you are putting future releases into jepordy buy not paying them, they have to live too, why should they sit and do hours,weeks and months of work just for you to steal it. Sooner or later, the warez people will kill off the games market, who would wanna make a game when there is a good chance people will steal it? Im sure you wouldnt wanna work for nothing.

Q2. Hey I wasnt gonna buy it, so ill warez it, they arent lossing anything are they?

A2. Yes they are, recently figures were released that for ever 1 purchaser, there is 100 people downloading/or buying a pirated copy. Now lets say warez wasnt so readible, that ratio would probably drop to 1:50 etc etc. Just because you werent gonna buy it, doesnt give you the right to steal it, its not your property its still the publishers until you pay the right to play it. Like the car example, why buy a car when I can drive yours, perhaps I wont give it back. Your not pleased? I stole your car? But, I wasnt gonna buy it? How is that wrong? Cause it is, Period!

Q3. Hey Im allowed to have on my system for 24hrs, then delete. So will you leave me alone now?

A3. No. Cause that rule is bullshit, just because it appeared one day on a website doesnt mean its true. You are still stealing it. And the Bill Clinton Bill you read on irc channels etc, bullshit too. Its someone who has bent the wording of the original bill to suit themselves, but as usual the group of idiots follow the leash. No made up warez rule will save you, you are stealing period!

Q4. Why get on my case, look at those warez groups, they say if we like the game we go buy it, cause they do. So what you gonna say now?

A4. Simple, Im still on your case. Warez Groups DO NOT buy the software, if you read an nfo closely, yeah it says that, but why does it also say they are recruiting people to supply them from stores, magazine and distributors? Contradicting huh. How do I know for sure, as some people here if they remember me know, I was a cracker for a group many years ago for a long time, I know what happens and how it works, but I gave it up, because I seen what effect it had on a programmer. Someone did a game, he wasnt big time, but warez hit his pocket (yeah even groups target people who only ask for $2 to register, JUST $2 and still you inbreeds are greedy to steal that), it Hit his pocket for he thought a possible loss of $50k now imagine a big time Publisher they are talking in millions lost, but anyways he couldnt pay bills and he couldnt afford to send out orders to people who were still waiting etc, they complained on a chat room he had on his website, and I was there, the guy was pleading and begging and was really down. Then I decided no more, Im not gonna put people through that. And guess what thats exactly what you are doing. No money coming in, no jobs for people, but hell who cares right? Since you have your CDR's and Highband who cares who suffers. Scum!

Q5. You calling me Scum?

A5. Yes and Double Scum, you people are pitiful and a disgrace, just because you can get it for free doesnt it mean its legal or right. Supply and Demand, whats that you ask? You pay, they supply more in future. You no Pay, they no supply in future. Jesus its simple. Next week im gonna take your paycheck and bank card. What? im stealing again surely not.

Q6. Hah, even If I wanted the game, It costs too much I cant afford so I gotta pirate. So how u like those apples?

A6. Those apples are sour. The reason the price is high is because of piracy, and the extra resources to try and prevent Piracy. So dont give me that lame old excuse. (invented by groups again)

I just dont understand, All I can fathom out is people are just plain Greedy and Dishonest, but would hate it if they were on the other end. Grow up warez users before you kill the market all together, and to the Groups I know 1 or 2 of you are viewing here, stop ripping off the small people, your a disgrace, $2 registration crack indeed! Pfff Pitiful
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 2:16 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next