cloaks?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Neverwinter Nights - General

Author Thread
txiabxyooj
Fox Spirit
Fox Spirit

cloaks?

okay, i am still relatively new to this game & yesterday i got my first cloak. i am thinking "alright, any decent ranger needs a cool cloak." so, i slip it on and nothing. my character still looks exactly the same! i can see the change on stats, but not in the character model. what a rip!!! does anyone know of a mod that will allow cloaks to appear on your character. or, is anyone working on a mod to do so? or, will someone make one? i think if there is going to be another patch released they should atleast add this feature. i want my character to be shrouded in the glories of his elven cloak!!! i was also think, what if i was playing as a rogue? any decent rogue needs his evil cloak to hid in...so why didn't the developers just put this in the game?
"The origin of things, if things have an origin, cannot be revealed to me, if revealed at all, until I have travelled very far from it, and many revolutions of the sun must precede my first dawn. The light as it appears hides the candle." --Santayana
=member of the worshippers of the written word=
=member of the Non-flamers' guild=
Post Fri Aug 16, 2002 4:51 pm
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

I agree! That would look very cool.

Some might argue that it is just eye candy and not relevant to the quality of the game ... but I kept a helmet long passed it's useful date just 'cuz it looked better than the replacement I had "liberated" from a dungeon somewhere.
Post Fri Aug 16, 2002 6:03 pm
txiabxyooj
Fox Spirit
Fox Spirit

hey, eye candy is part of the game experience. this goes right to the heart of the question: what draws you into a game? this includes: plot, sounds, LOOK of the game as well as game interface, etc. it is all part of the game. so wouldn't it be great if that lovely cloak you just put on actually looked like your character was wearing it (instead of the emperor's new clothes cloak system that they are currently using)?
"The origin of things, if things have an origin, cannot be revealed to me, if revealed at all, until I have travelled very far from it, and many revolutions of the sun must precede my first dawn. The light as it appears hides the candle." --Santayana
Post Fri Aug 16, 2002 6:38 pm
mikelhall
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Well, there is a hak you can add to a custom module. It is called cloaks and you can find it at NWVault. It's not really attached to the cloak you are wearing though, it's a neck piece added on to custom armor. It is a start though, I'm trying to use it in the campaing the WBG is building.

Hope that helps..

=Member of the Worshipers of the Written Word=
=Member of the RPGDot Shadows=
=Member of the Sixth House=
=Member of the Alliance of Middle-Earth=
=Member of the Non-Flamer's Guild=
=Member of the Followers of Righteousness=
Post Fri Aug 16, 2002 6:42 pm
txiabxyooj
Fox Spirit
Fox Spirit

that sounds like a start. but i would really like to have a cloak that wrapped up around my character instead of the armor that shows off my skinny bones character. this seems like a basic enough request & i sill wonder why bioware didn't include this feature in the first place. don't most RPG games now have a feature where your appearance changes when you equip a new peice of clothing?
Post Mon Aug 19, 2002 4:31 pm
Ekim
Eagle's Shadow
Eagle's Shadow

I agree. I must say I was kind of disapointed the first time I put a cloak on my char and didn't see a direct result on my avatar...
Post Tue Aug 20, 2002 7:27 pm
MadPriest
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

yeah that is odd the cloak doesnt show up, arghhh!

Ultima Online though I must say, is the best about that type of stuff ever! , every lttle thing you put on whether cloaks, rings, robes..etc.. it shows
Post Tue Aug 20, 2002 11:19 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

3D cloaks are hell to animate realistically. In the old ultima games, a cloak had two modes... an overlayed flat thing on your back and a straight out you're running at 100 mph blob behind you.

I think it was probably a 3d engine limitation. Freedom Force uses cloaks, but it uses an engine built for it (and has one of the best physics engines I've seen in a game).

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Wed Aug 21, 2002 2:22 pm
txiabxyooj
Fox Spirit
Fox Spirit

snickers...i don't care how much hell the developers have to go through...i just want my $60 dollars worth out of the game. this means covering all the bases inculding the cloak & clothing on my character. anything else is unacceptable...or maybe i am just being neurotic and unreasonable...or maybe i am just a paying customer who expects more out of the products he buys, especially when they aren't cheap.
Post Wed Aug 21, 2002 6:35 pm
mikelhall
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Let's not stop at cloaks...where are the robes?

Post Wed Aug 21, 2002 7:38 pm
txiabxyooj
Fox Spirit
Fox Spirit

amen to the robes! you deserve robes and boots, rings, belts, amulets, and everything that your character can place on his/her body.
Post Wed Aug 21, 2002 8:12 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

Fur-lined "Jacque Strape"?

[EEW]
Post Wed Aug 21, 2002 8:23 pm
txiabxyooj
Fox Spirit
Fox Spirit

quote:
Originally posted by sauron38
Fur-lined "Jacque Strape"?

[EEW]

i think you are already wearing one of those when you take off all of your armor.
Post Wed Aug 21, 2002 8:30 pm
mikelhall
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Unless you have the nude jiggly hak. Then, no furry jock for you!

Post Wed Aug 21, 2002 9:17 pm