View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
moonshadow
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

A Couple of Questions :)

1st question
In the addonworld, in the south at one of the "mansions", thereīs a broken stonebridge. On the other side there are some goodies, but how do I reach that side? The distance is to big for the Hero to make it over jumping.

2nd question
I found a Bandit Rapier (or some sword) that it says has a "F" inscribed in it. Whoīs the owner? What should I do with this sword? (at least I think itīs a Rapier) Kinda get the feeling that I should give it to someone? I found it outside the Tavern, and I think I got it from a Seeker that I killed. (or it laid on the ground right where the seeker died)

more questions to come,.. probably..
Post Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:33 pm
fragonard
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

1. Transforms. I used a snapper to jump over (from the ledge above) and a lurker to jump back.

2. The "F" stands for Fernando. There is a weapons dealer quest. Talk to Fernando or Vatras. If you talk to Fernando, it may mess up a quest from him in ch2.

Last edited by fragonard on Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:00 pm
VPeric
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

1) There's essentially two ways. To get there, get on the cliff above it, use a speed potion (Fast Herring works fine) and jump! Easy enough. The way back, though, is quite harder. You'll want a speed potion again, but it's fairly tricky to find the right time/position to jump from. An easier way would be to use a Transform Scroll (I believe Lurkers work, probably other things too).

2) You should've found a lot more of them than one! It's a part of a quest you should've gotten all the way back in Chapt. 1 from Vatras. And I'm not talking about the "Missing Persons". If you want more spoilers, say so.
Post Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:01 pm
moonshadow
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

yeah the weapons dealer-quest, right? well, I'm at the end of CH5 now so
but i wonder, I may have broken that quest since I didnīt turn Fernando in, instead I helped him by giving him that letter I found much earlier. hm.

But to transform and jump and stuff , I tried to go up the cliff so that I ended up on the top of the mountain, just top of that "side of the gap I wanna go to", but no way I would survive to jump down to the goodies. (and that stone-monster-thingie)

Post Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:05 pm
VPeric
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Can survive that one if you transform to field raider (take no damage from falls, I believe). However, I meant the cliff over the bridge, but on the opposite side (ie. the "mainland" side).
Post Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:36 pm
Gotit
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

quote:
Originally posted by fragonard
1. Transforms. I used a snapper to jump over (from the ledge above) and a lurker to jump back.

From the ledge above it's useless to use any transform. Walk on the extreme border, walk avoid you fall. Once at the border just jump, you reach the other side without any damages. To return back a speed potion, the standard or not, do the job but is a little difficult.

There are other ways like the mountains, from both side but well.
Post Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:17 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

I always use the lurker scroll to get back. It's really cool. The lurker walks really slow and then suddenly he jumps 20 feet or something.
Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:59 am