The last ornament
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Chiefo
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

The last ornament

Well forgett about the thieves guild question.. somehow i got it one failure (the delivery mission) and maybe it was because i ratted out on Fernando or i became Fire Mage.. who knows.

Anyway..

back to the Ornament issue, after finally getting some more names into my memory i did this:

* got the ornament at Sekobs farm (near landowner) by pushing those 3 buttons and killing the stonedefender

* I got the ornament in the woods.. no real threat around

* I pushed the 3 buttons at the circle at Lobarts farm. Correctly nothing poped up beside an earthquake

Now:

1) You say paladins have it and i should talk to hagen? Well why doesnt that possibility show?

2) You talk about Cavalorn(the hunter from G1 you meet in the beginning of the game) and meeting him when you seek for the ornament?
Are you refering to the very first thing that happend in the game because i helped him with the thieves and he gave me an ornament and i delivered it to Vatras. He doesnt talk anymore about other ornaments, just stands near xardas tower when i went to the circle and triggered the earthquake

3) You mention i need Lares to the woods (well can do without) but where do i get his substitute? And i dont renember correctly but my diary says that im supoose to transport the Ornament i got from Cavalorn to the water mages... well how the hell do i do that when i dont have it.. in the diary it mentioned Lares, did i give the ornament to him? Do i have to get substitute to him so we can go to the water mages with all 3 ornaments or is something missing? As i said, i dont have paladins ornament if its suppose to be one more.

Help please

After reading an other thread.. Cavalorn is supposed to be near the Circle looking for the same ornament.. why doesnt he do that? I triggered a "the portal" quest by pushing the buttons but any information from the water mages havent been stored. What is missing?

-- Chapter II, and havent been to VoM if that is important to know
Post Sun Jun 13, 2004 4:47 am
NeoCodex
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

er.. this all is very confusing. there should be no problems with the ornament at the Lobart's farm. it's plain simple and I will explain it how SHOULD it go:

You go to the stone circle at the Lobart's farm and meet Cavalron. He tells you that he's looking for the ornament and you tell him the same. He also says something about a mechanism that will clear the way to the ornament. that mechanism are the switches on the stones, of course. after you press them an earthquake occurs. go back talk to him and tell him nothing happens. he tells you that the paladins in the city have the ornament. so you must go to lord hagen and ask him about it. he will give it to you. he MUST give it to you. or else it's a bug.

about the other ornament.. it's like that... if we start at the begining.

when you first met cavalorn he gave you the ornament to deliever it to vatras in the city. when you speak with vatras he says that you should bring the ornament to lares. so you give the ornament to the lares. lares is supposed to bring the ornament to the water mages but he can't do that until he get's a replacement in the city. so you must seek him a replacement. after he gives you his ring, you just put it on and talk to the merchants at the east gate. one of them will recognise you and after that you can talk out about lares replacement. go back to lares and tell him you have his replacement.
after that, you can take him where you want to (to onar's farm, to stone circle or to water mages).
you can also reclaim the ornament back from him and bring it to water mages alone if you allready were there. however i think he goes with you only if you haven't began the ornament quest before.
anyway, if he goes with you at the end he will give you the ornament to deliever the mages.
if he doesn't want to go with you, there should be an option (reclaim ornament) when you speak with him.

that's it. that's how it's supposed to work. I didn't have any problems with that and I've completed the add-on two times and I was able to reclaim that ornament both in act II and act III.
Post Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:41 am
Chiefo
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

The problem is that Cavalorn dont show up with the stonecircle but stand near Xardas tower like he always have
Post Sun Jun 13, 2004 3:25 pm
NeoCodex
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

that's strange. have you been to the water mages? did they really give you the quest? you have to start quest first, only than will cavalorn show up by the stone circle and tell you about the ornament.
Post Sun Jun 13, 2004 7:45 pm
Chiefo
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Thats the thing.. i havent got the quest by the water mages.

But ive spoken to everyone in the ruins. (think its about 5-6 people) and the one standing with the "thing" mentioned he needed the parts but didnt give me a quest.. when i try speaking with him (even with 2 ornaments) i cant say anything nor does he
Post Sun Jun 13, 2004 8:52 pm
Chiefo
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

hmm.. i thought of something.

Maybe i have to join the water mages first? I havent finished the missing people even though ive been to all 3 places and even talked with dexter, i miss some proof on him to finish the quest i think.
I talked with the pirate on the bear near the city, is the pirate island in the same area the portal brings me?

Anyway.. the weapon dealer stuff ive done, and now i need to finish the missing people. Where is the proof to dexter?
Things might change when ive solved this
Post Mon Jun 14, 2004 1:47 am
Chiefo
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

and it did.

PROBLEMS SOLVED GUYS.

The only thing i can ask before i go to bed is if i should go back and get the pirate at dexters house. I reckon he will go into the portal if i tell him and meet up with the pirates? I heard roumors the pirates could help, but i dont know because i just got to the other side before i turned off.

Btw.. any use telling the pirate on the beach? And the fisherman, you find dead near the ruins on the other side, who should i tell about his death?

Good night.. i reckon i find it out myself if no one answers
Post Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:35 am
NeoCodex
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Hey man.. Why do you ask such questions? You will only spoil your game. Just play it and try things out, there is nothing that can go wrong, that's the spirit of it... You are giving it too much to your head. Don't worry, relax and enjoy the game. You will find all the answers eventualy.
Post Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:34 am