Please Help Stuck inside Castle Bug????
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Divinity & Beyond Divinity

Author Thread
Anemotion
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Please Help Stuck inside Castle Bug????

first of all i am very angry at the moment i don't know if this is a bug or not in the game but i am not happy

Spoiler ......................................

I'd spent ages covering the first map got to about level 25 got my teleport pyramids stole from me in the castle so very angry went to vas what the towns called. got into the theieves guild.

Went back to first map to discover the whole map is black again do you have to recover the maps as you move between them

because i had already cleared the sewer out getting into stormfist was easy , i entered storm fist and got trapped in a room were that wizard and the other dude divine one, death knight etc story stuff i was now here's the annoying part.

When that cutscene is over i am stuck inside the room there's loads of jewels and gold to the right of my chracter but the doors locked and i can't use my magic to unlock so what the hell am i suppose to do.

I can send people the my save pm if you pm me your email address. and i didn't have a save before that. so yeah unless i can get outta that room that's it my 25 level chracter and all the time spent gone. gotta start again i was really really likeing this game until this happened is this a bug or not am i missing something i am using the latest patch from the divine website.

i've started a new game am at level 10 but whats to say that if this is a bug it won't happen again this time i am not entering stormfist this time until i have completed the other maps.

please help shead some light on this i will send people my save game if they want to see if they can get out of the room i am talking about
Post Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:39 pm
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

You exit the way you came in. Theres no entrance into the castle from there.
Post Fri Jul 11, 2003 4:59 pm
Anemotion
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thank you for the reply and sorry if my early message sound angry but i think i am going to have to start all over again. in fact i already have,

There is no way out even the way i came in every exit is blocked and i can't use lockpick skill ??? is this a bug???

the knight said something about how he had trapped me and then the cutscene plays with the wizard and then i am in that room no where to go ??????

two pics below show there is noway out i am more than happy to send my save to anyone that can get me outta that room

i still like the game just really annoyed about this thats all . how am i gonna progress the story if this happens again?

[/img]http://www.dodstudios.net/uploads/uploads/trapped.jpg[img]
Post Fri Jul 11, 2003 7:23 pm
Anemotion
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

[/url][/list]

There is like a force field on the left doorway i came up from the sewers from rivertown, somewere in the middle it was can't remember exactly were i came in.
Post Fri Jul 11, 2003 7:24 pm
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

ok somehow you did things in perhaps the wrong order? I dont have the exact details leading up to you entering the castle.

PErhaps you dont have the quest to enter the castle yet.

Rather than write out whats supposed to happen exactly go here

http://www.locusinn.com/gallery/Divinity/Guides/DivinityQuestGuideV1.pdf

And start reading at page 48, to see what youre missing.

You may have somehow broken a quest by doing everything else before you did this quest, quite possibly the pyramids quest you mentioned.

I cant be sure I havent heard of anyone else having this problem.

You are meant to enter the castle and fight a death night, get the weapon of power rescue zandalor yadda yadda. Now as I recall better, you need a password and to enter some mouth door.

Im fairly sure there was nothing keeping me in that room so I dont understand yet but good luck.
Post Sun Jul 13, 2003 2:02 am
Anemotion
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

thankyou stamar yeah i might have broken the quest i remember my pyramids getting taken off me so i wanted to recover them i went to versistas and they told me were to enter the castle i went in through the sewer. But maybe i broke it doing things in the wrong order thanks for the advice.

i am currently level 17 nearly were i was before i am going to do things a little bit different not enter the castle yet but from what you said it dose sound like i missing something.

Thanks again i hope this dosent happen again i'l make a backup this time
Post Sun Jul 13, 2003 1:55 pm
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

well you get the quest to enter the castle from arhu the cat in front of the castle.
Post Mon Jul 14, 2003 11:12 pm