Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Scariest/Creepiest Creature in Gothic!!!!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

So what creature scares the most shit outta ya? :)
Minecrawlers
27%
 27%  [ 12 ]
Shadowbeasts
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Orcs{warriors,fighters}
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Orc dogs
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
meat bugs {LOL}
16%
 16%  [ 7 ]
scavengers
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Dino-like beasts: Snappers,razors,biters
13%
 13%  [ 6 ]
Sleeper
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Skeletons
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Zombie
23%
 23%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 43

Author Thread
Phoenix_666
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I think that the scariest monsters were: orc dogs (although they are slow hehehehe - slow but menacing and very scarey though), minecrawlers - the chittering noooooooooo. and also those damn skeletons - they are hard - i always thought skeletons were supposed to be weak and easy so the first time I met then - on a 'reconisence mission' at the very start of the game - (curse that Fog Tower - i entered it and attacked the first skeleton with a crude sword and mining trousers).
"The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again." (Robert Jordan - Wheel of Time)
Post Thu Nov 21, 2002 10:26 pm
Bigpapa
Stranger from north
Stranger from north

You left MUD out of this poll!??! Mud was scariest thing in Gothic, real pain in...well scary enough.
Post Fri Nov 22, 2002 8:30 pm
Gothic Soul
Master of Shadows
Master of Shadows

It was the meat bug I think I jump out the chair when I saw the first one. . Without any joke it was the zombies in the old Xarda's tower.
Post Fri Nov 22, 2002 11:12 pm
Iron Man
Dazed and Confused
Dazed and Confused

i remember when i first started playing gothic, i had an old sword and no armour and i went exploring in the north of the colony, i saw the fog tower and thought 2 myself oh that looks promising, and just when i was about 2 openthe door i fuckin dinosaur was behond me i satyed away from there until i had 2 find the focus stones

This box secretly turns into a picture and laughs at YOU personally when you're not looking.
Post Sun Dec 15, 2002 1:03 am
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

The minecrawlers kinda tripped me out, i dont know how, after half the mine warned me about them! Of course, it was like 2:30 am, im playing by monitor light...
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Mon Dec 16, 2002 10:17 pm
Korzen
Forsaken
Forsaken

Besides you can only meet them underground, where it's scary...dark....everything can happen...guards disapear.....AA! Minecrawler!!!!
Post Mon Dec 16, 2002 10:18 pm
Mercenary
Helpful Friend
Helpful Friend

ZOMBIES !!!

Those creatures. I hate them. They shout , scream , whine and when i killed one they put out unnatural sound. I almost died when i saw them i Xardas's old "Tower". And that guardian. Thank god that Milten gave me Death to the Undead.

XARDAS

-=Captain of Militia of RPGDot Shadows=-
-=Leader of Mercenaries of Gothic Rogues=-
-=Proud member of NFG=-
-=Forever one soul of Seekers of Chromanin=-
Post Tue Dec 24, 2002 12:36 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

hehe i think the Shadowbeasts onze at night i ran to the sect camp and there was a big stone in the forrest well i thought that there is no one so i jumped over the big stone and saw some veeeeeeeeery big shadow in couple of secs when i lighted my tortch i saw that evil creature arghhhhhh i ran like hell but in couple of secs he attacked me and i was killed daaaaamn it was scary heheh and also Zombies yeah in Xardases Tower all i did with them was drowning them into the water
Post Wed Dec 25, 2002 2:38 am
Iron Man
Dazed and Confused
Dazed and Confused

the sound death 2 the undead made when it hit a wall was creepy

This box secretly turns into a picture and laughs at YOU personally when you're not looking.
Post Thu Jan 02, 2003 6:26 pm
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

At first I said Crawlers, but that was before I had encountered Zombies en masse! Man, those things are horrible! Usually zombies in games are almost laughable, and all look the exact same. These things are all diffrent like shades of color, and they are like gagging and moaning and snorting and stuff, staggering and shuffling towards you. I usually play this game in the dark, because it really is a pretty dark game gamma-wise, and was in some underground area. I had pulled some zombies from one side of the room, and didnt know there were some on the *other* side. So, Im fighting the one group and decide " hmm, maybe I should go spend more skill points on strength.." turn to bail and "AHHHH" suprise 2 more shuffling, disgusting pusbags right in my face!! Scared the !@#$* outta me. Killed me too, i tried to be all valiant and purge the place of the undead in a last-ditch effort, ended up reloading and going and spending 20 points on STR that I was going to dump into Bow.

Oft times, zombies are some of the weakest mobs in games, these undead are pretty tough.='.'=
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Thu Jan 09, 2003 5:53 am
Iron Man
Dazed and Confused
Dazed and Confused

the moan the zombies made when they died was disturbing, the creepist thing about crawlers were their shillouettes, just seeing them in the distance was enough 2 shit urself after u heard all the diggers stories

Post Sun Jan 12, 2003 12:07 am
Toaster
Bread Alert
Bread Alert

I really think the Minecrawlers, because both the whole Old mine and my friends that had played Gothic warned me, but when I first saw, or heard one, it reallly scared the shit out of me!

Tabbrowser Extensions
DictionarySearch
Post Wed Jan 29, 2003 5:31 pm
darkmage
City Guard
City Guard

your all forgeting the most rarest of them all, those damn bloodhounds, that creepy long neck and their about as fast as snappers!. they too also have that creepy "im gonna catch you eventually" look when they just walk at you. they looked like some kind of resident evil screwed up mutation and it scared the living @&*! outa me. but the scariest moment was the swampsharks
Post Thu Jan 30, 2003 4:43 am
bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

Hehehe, cool to read those stories of ya'll....well i've been strolling around in the Sleeper temple alot today, not because i like it so much....but i had to..to continue on with the story and everything...i was close to the closed gates, and all the sudden i hear that ultra creepy minecrawler sound...oh those can really scare the shit outta me....i really tried avoiding fights with those creeps to, i either send some skeletons to fight the crawlers or used my bow at far distance they really scare me that much....so i was quite happy when the first crawlers in the temple of the Sleeper were dead...i had high hopes i wouldn't see more of those creeps..when i got to the mid section of the temple, lava all around...i had to go down an sort of elevator , going trough some water, using two switches..then there was this short cutscene where other gates open...then i heard the crawler sound again....i was like..oh please no..and there they wore...like 3 crawlers in the water, how they got there....i have no idea..but i wasn't to happy...but i had a good opportunity to kill them myself

awhile ago i played the demo of Gothic 2 for the first time, and i wasn't happy when i saw crawlers walking around at the farm places etc.....
so they are back, not quite a good sign ...

-Guru,Gang Starr |Skills|
Post Fri Jan 31, 2003 1:08 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Those aren't crawlers. The beetles near the farms in GII are field raiders, the minecrawlers' rural cousins.
Post Fri Jan 31, 2003 5:55 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next