UK release date
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
stbens
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

UK release date

Does anyone have a definite release date for the UK. I have seen dates ranging from 17th to 31st May and even heard rumours of the 7th. As the 7th is a Tuesday and games are not released on a Tuesday this seems unlikely.
Post Wed May 01, 2002 8:34 pm
Uttoxeter

UK Release

Unfortunately it's looking more and more like the 31st May. Gameplay.com had the 31st on its site and then changed it to the 17th - but now its back to the 31st. Just about all the main sites (apart from Amazon and Streetsonline) have this date. Also there was someone on the official forums who emailed ubisoft.co.uk (who distribute Morrowmind in the UK) about the release date and he got a definate 31st of May reply from the guy there. Another four weeks if that's the case! What a bummer...
Post Wed May 01, 2002 9:17 pm

Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

So it seems that UK will be in the group of latest countries like Czech Republic, Poladn... and unlike Germany etc. that should have it on 7th May.
Post Wed May 01, 2002 9:48 pm
Somnus

*gasp*

Surely that can't be true. Considering that the English language version is practically exactly the same as the US one, how could it take them an extra month to ship it?
I noticed that the same day that Ubisoft announced that the non-localised version would be released 'some time in May', Gameplay.co.uk shifted it's date back to the 31st. Maybe they're putting the date right back to the end of the month so that people don't get their hopes up?
Also, if Ubisoft had set the 31st as the specific date, surely they'd have stated it in a press statement?
I know it looks like I'm floundering around for reasons against it, and that's damn true, I am. But I just can't bring myself to believe they'd be that slow.
Post Wed May 01, 2002 10:29 pm

Uttoxeter

Correction...

Oops, I've just looked at gameplay.co.uk again and it appears they have BOTH dates - 17th AND 31st!! I guess there're just as confused as I am...But a ray of hope - the 17th date is mentioned on the main PC page TWICE. I think I read somewhere you had to read something THREE times for it to be true though. Bah...
Post Wed May 01, 2002 10:58 pm

The Dreamlord

Gameplay order

I placed the order from Gameplay as well. From what I gather, it will probably be the 17th of May.

This is my second time ordering from them, I hope they are reliable.
Chose first class delivery....
Post Thu May 02, 2002 10:22 am

I've ordered from www.play247.com and they have a date of 17th May
Post Thu May 02, 2002 10:24 am

Alkar

Might it be that they (or you) are confusing PC and XBOX version dates.
For what I know the XBOX version is supposed to be shipped end of May.

Andrea
Post Thu May 02, 2002 10:47 am

Uttoxeter

Now Amazon Change

I'm not confusing the PC date with the box date because gameplay have got that down as sometime in August. Amazon have just changed their release date from the 17th to the 31st though. If that's not portentous I don't know what is. Like I said, 4 more wks
Post Thu May 02, 2002 6:58 pm

Somnus

Strange happenings

I wouldn't put too much faith in any of the release dates until Ubisoft come out with a date themselves.
Go to www.gameplay.co.uk/shop/pc - on the front release list you see there, it's put down for a 17th release. However, if you look at the Morrowind details, it has the 31st.
Also, Neverwinter Nights was not long ago on the front list with a release date of the 1st of May, but opening up a details window on it, it said that it's being released on the 21st of May!
So, needless to say, the fact that none of them seem to be able to put their finger on a specific date, makes it look like none of the dates are to be believed.

I decided to order it from a company in Canada in the end, should be shipping tomorrow.... *crosses fingers*

Somnus
Post Thu May 02, 2002 8:40 pm