What is the best rocky of those!
    1.rocky1.
    2.rocky2.
    3.rocky3.

Post Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:05 pm
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

i did not watch'em all but isn't there rocky4 ??
Post Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:00 pm
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

There are five Rocky movies in all.
I'd say the first one is the best. Hey, it was the only one of them to win Best Picture!

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:46 pm
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

My favorite one overall was the one with Mr. T as "Clubber Lang", and Hulk Hogan as "Thunderlips", part III. What a great flick that was. Rocky even gets pummeled by Mr. T, just to come back later and thrash him. That was really the only time I ever saw Mr. T all mussed up, and a touch of fear in his eye!

I didnt really like Drago much in the next film, and I thought the death of Apollo was a little over-the-top. The death of Mickey was done way better IMHO in part III.
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:55 am
piln
High Emperor
High Emperor

"If he dies, he dies." Heavens to murgatroid (sp?), Rocky IV was a crime! Rocky Balboa single-fistedly wins the cold war... Boo commies! Yay USA! Oh well, nobody seemed to know better in the '80s. Come to think of it, that whole decade was a crime!

Well, I think only the original Rocky was a genuine film, the rest being continuations of a franchise, although I too got a kick out of seeing Mr.T as Clubber Lang - is my memory playing tricks on me, or did that final fight have the most OTT punch sound effects ever?

Anyone played the Rocky game? It's superb - a great treatment of a movie license (you progress through the scenarios of the films, Rocky himself and his trainers and gym changing as appropriate - so as Rocky 1, your heavy punchbag is, of course, a hanging beef carcass!), a great beat-em-up (being much easier to get into than most boxing games, but without going the pure arcade route like Ready 2 Rumble), and possibly the best boxing sim to date (a genuinely intelligent scientific fighting system, plus various excellent training mini-games in "movie mode" that really do prepare you for the ring - eg, while skipping to improve your stamina, button sequences pull off tricks to improve your results, but these sequences also perform combos when boxing - most of the mini-games are brilliant, subtle teaching tools). Shame it was Rage's last game before they went bust - with this license, everybody expected the usual dumb tie-in treatment, but Rage did an excellent job and made a great game on several levels.
Post Wed Jul 14, 2004 8:55 pm
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

Well Piln, it's great that you like the Rocky game, but I've heard some bad stuff about it, so when it comes to boxing games, I'll stick with Fight Night 2004! Pure awesome!

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:43 am