How does the game change you?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Joeman
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

How does the game change you?

Strangely I begin to like New York accent after I played this game. I am even trying to imitate it. I used to dislike New York accent because I thought it's ugly but now I think it's cool.
Post Wed Mar 10, 2004 2:30 am
Korplem
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Me too! I sometimes catch myself talking like Cor Angar. Sometimes I even think with Cor Angars accent.

-The Prince of Nothing
Post Wed Mar 10, 2004 2:37 am
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

Cor Angar is one of my favorite characters. So is Lee. They both have the same voice.

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:11 am
Joeman
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

So is Chronos. The keeper of the ore.

Snipes is the voice I am copying however. The dude who sits across Aaron in the old mine. He has Aaron's key but sell it to you for 30 ore.
Post Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:24 am
TrUmaNshO
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I am copying the voice of the guards in the old camp and often scream "LET ME PASS" to my girlfriend when she asks for a hug

I think She doesnt like that
Post Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:43 am
Joeman
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

quote:
Originally posted by TrUmaNshO
I am copying the voice of the guards in the old camp and often scream "LET ME PASS" to my girlfriend when she asks for a hug

I think She doesnt like that

At least you didn't say. Get out of my way!

I think Chrono's "May I pass through here" voice is better.
Post Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:46 am
Joeman
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

What do you think about the moral of the story is if there is one?

I think the moral is that if you want to become a hotshot, you have to constantly put yourself in harm's way and there is a very good chance that you will get killed by minecrawlers or snappers and your life will end since there is no "reload" in real life. Very few luckly ones will become successful. The rest of us in real life are just gothic equivalent of diggers and scrapers. Unfortunately I am one of them right now. I am just a young corporate slave sitting in a cubical all day. Maybe someday I will become a shadow.

Okay, time to take my medication.
Post Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:55 am
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Joeman
What do you think about the moral of the story is if there is one?

I think the moral is that if you want to become a hotshot, you have to constantly put yourself in harm's way and there is a very good chance that you will get killed by minecrawlers or snappers and your life will end since there is no "reload" in real life. Very few luckly ones will become successful. The rest of us in real life are just gothic equivalent of diggers and scrapers. Unfortunately I am one of them right now. I am just a young corporate slave sitting in a cubical all day. Maybe someday I will become a shadow.

Okay, time to take my medication.

Why would this very mellow statement of fact be cause for medicating oneself? Oh wait ... maybe you're just trying to head off the looming depression??
Post Wed Mar 10, 2004 8:34 pm
Killerofevils II
Village Leader
Village Leader

This game actually changed the way I play all RPG's now, I used to be a 1 hander, with a shield and block, block, block, but after master the Gothic fighting style I find it easier to use two-hands in all RPG's i play now like Diablo II, Morrowind, Knights of the Old Republic and other RPG's I play but it affected my brother maybe too much,... now he likes to go out into the woods and get a long straight woode stick and wear it like a fighting pike and then do the same stance but it isn't long before he destroys his back and walks like a umpa-lumpa the rest of the week.
Death in the air, strapped in the electric chair, this can't be happening to me, who made you god to say, I'll take your life from you, flash before my eyes, now its time to die, burning in my brain, I can feel the flame.
-Ride the Lightning by Metallica
I'm a rocker! Rock on!
Post Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:42 pm
Killerofevils II
Village Leader
Village Leader

This game actually changed the way I play all RPG's now, I used to be a 1 hander, with a shield and block, block, block, but after master the Gothic fighting style I find it easier to use two-hands in all RPG's i play now like Diablo II, Morrowind, Knights of the Old Republic and other RPG's I play but it affected my brother maybe too much,... now he likes to go out into the woods and get a long straight woode stick and wear it like a fighting pike and then do the same stance but it isn't long before he destroys his back and walks like a umpa-lumpa the rest of the week.
Death in the air, strapped in the electric chair, this can't be happening to me, who made you god to say, I'll take your life from you, flash before my eyes, now its time to die, burning in my brain, I can feel the flame.
-Ride the Lightning by Metallica
I'm a rocker! Rock on!
Post Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:45 pm
Rydjord
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I never played rpg,s before gothic i could never take the hard interface, and games of this type usualy takes time getting used to.
The first ting that took me was the combat system, it cept me going until i startet thinking it was fun to interact whit npc's and having multable choises in a quest. after that the story just cept me going to the end and afterwards i where disapointed becouse it had ended.
Now i find myself constantly playning rpg games.

Man i love gothic
Post Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:41 pm
cptmaxon
High Emperor
High Emperor

ore can get u anywhere in the world ?
Post Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:41 pm