Members
Usergroups
Dransik takes off march 10th
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Garrett

Dransik takes off march 10th

As seen on the official <a href="http://www.dransik.com/" target="_blank">Dransik site</a> today:<blockquote><em>We would like to express our deepest thanks to all the beta testers of Dransik. The moment we have all been anticipating is almost here: the commercial launch of Dransik. Of course, many new features have been added, and many more will come shortly after our launch. As you know, we have the best live team and we will continue to provide you with constant updates and communication. <br> <br>We will begin the subscription service on March 10, 2003. Our subscription price for Dransik will be $9.95 USD monthly for new players, $8.95 USD for beta players, both with membership discounts for different levels of commitment. All players will be billed 10 days after their initial download of the client version released on March 10. The client is free and our website will be equipped with many payment options. <br> <br>To show our appreciation to the beta testers, Dransik has instituted a Founders program that will be available to all current beta players. We will have information about the Founder's program available soon. <br> <br>Dransik will continue in Open Beta until March 10th, and we encourage everyone to continue enjoying the characters that you have created (they will not be wiped) and look forward to collaborating on new ideas to come. <br> <br>Once again, thank you for playtesting Dransik. The best is yet to come.</em></blockquote>
Post Sat Mar 01, 2003 5:27 pm
albatross
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I can see it now. A noobie joins the game for the first time and is immeadiately overwhelmed by all the players who have been playing beta since it started and who are lvl 200 by now. The same thing happenned in daoc. Once released to the general public,there were beta testers who were already close to lvl 50. They tend to form cliques amongst themselves,to the exclusion of anyone not associated with them. I think its an unfair practice to allow people to keep their chars from beta.
Post Sat Mar 01, 2003 5:34 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

I agree, it really is unfair, especially in an MMORPG setting. It's like they are the 'priveleged' and the rest of us are just 'drones'.
Post Sat Mar 01, 2003 5:57 pm
albatross
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Yup,They set up a hierarchy before the game is even released to the general public. I find the difference in payment enough seeing as almost all other mmorpgs don't pay anything at all.At the start of the officially released game,the slate should be wiped clean.
Post Sun Mar 02, 2003 6:54 am
Black_Lord
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Well the thing is, you won't see most higher level players if you are under level 15. I don't see a level 50 plus pk killing you for your chainmail shirt, they are usually after bigger things.

Most of the pk's in beta are just there to play a free a game, after beta ends they won't pay up. There are some really decent beta players right now. They trade fair, and will help you when you need it if you ask.

Dransik just might be a decent game for rp'ing and socializing. It has drawbacks, but what game does not?
Post Sun Mar 02, 2003 7:35 am
albatross
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I agree that there are good and bad low lvl. and high lvl. players in all mmorpgs. I've seen high lvl.(50+) pk noobies just for their own perverted fun and I've seen that quite abit. I just think it would be fairer for everyone if everyone started from the beginning.
Post Mon Mar 03, 2003 5:07 am