Usergroups
gothic money = useless?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
r0otZ
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

it seems to me that the ore in gothic is almost completely useless, the good stuff either comes from bashing scar over the head or you get it for free later in the game, so what is money good for besides buying 600 healing and mana potions? i got all the runes before i needed to buy any of them, well except for the ones from xaras or whatever, but blah he gave me free armor so w00t. anyway uhhh is money really useless? cause i have 100,000 ore and i was wondering if i could buy some women, maybe a little hut on the beech, throw back a few beers and whatnot. anyway it occurs to me that skill points are the most valuable thing in the game, and since you have to be devious and use skill to jack money from people, maybe you should be able to buy some dayumn skill points. w00t, i would get level 100 up in this biotch.
Post Wed Dec 12, 2001 1:22 am
Digital Pimp
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

sorry man but you sound pretty dumb in this post. Well I'm glad it occurs to you skills are important in an RPG LOL

Yeah you have 10,000 ore after playing 3/4 of the game. How about all the stuff you've bought through the game, such as weapons, and armour.
Post Wed Dec 12, 2001 1:36 am
r0otZ
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

no man the only thing i baught that wasnt relevant to the storyline was a pair of diggers pants, but when i baught those i already had a ton of ore. all you have to do is beat up most people you see and take everything they have =P
Post Wed Dec 12, 2001 1:54 am
JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

I think the value of Ore have very little to do with the games quality.

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Wed Dec 12, 2001 2:40 am
Llama
High Emperor
High Emperor

Well, if you don't run around beating everyone you see up, then ore is pretty useful.

With armor costing 2100 in chapter 2/3 and weapons costing the same, ore is fairly useful.
Post Wed Dec 12, 2001 2:48 am
Digital Pimp
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

hey rootz I think you have to learn how to play a RPG not take advantage of a weak point in the game.
Post Wed Dec 12, 2001 6:03 am
JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Digital Pimp
------------
I always use the 'wormholes' =)

Like shooting monsters from cliffs where they cannot reach me...

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Wed Dec 12, 2001 11:21 am
buggle
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I think rootz has a point. Ore, food, average weapons, are very much oversupplied in the game (& I don't go around beating up just anyone...)
Post Wed Dec 12, 2001 8:10 pm
r0otZ
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

there are lots of pointless additions in this game. besides those coins which are useless you have the razors, what do you use them for? then you have the hammers, you can pound on a broken peice of wood on your hut, what does it do? also you come across lots of foes who have massive strength, yet they use withered axes and crude swords. like kharim and that guy next to him, they are strong as hell and are one handed sword masters, but why do they have cheap weapons? AND WHEN THE HELL CAN I BET ON A FIGHT?!?! the first day i was in the camp i talked to scatty he said in a couple days there will be a fight, im on day 30 or somethin like that, i dont think scatty can count.
Post Wed Dec 12, 2001 9:18 pm
JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

r0otZ
-----
Ok, for the last time - They are there to add a 'feel' to the game.

Red Herrings exist in all good games, and the more Red Herrings you find, the more "realistic" the game feels.

Isnt it possible to find both Tampoons and Condoms in Fallout 2 for example? And anyone tried to play Deja Vu here? )

Few of the 'poor' people in the Old Camp have anything else than Crude Swords. The arena fighters have created their own swords btw.

Scatty can probably not count. So beat him up once he tought you everything he knows. It make you feel better.

Best Regards
JemyM

Post Wed Dec 12, 2001 9:31 pm