Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Okay I lost the dagger key. Now what? Many questions!!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
richycream
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Okay I lost the dagger key. Now what? Many questions!!

I am a level 8 fighter. I have Zonark, the 3 Arkabba stones, the shield of the ancients, and I've killed everyone I've seen so far. The only prob is I can't remember where I put that dagger key so I can't get through the boulder to get to the rebel fortress. Does anyone know if there is another way?

Other questions:

How do you open the 2 locked doors in the crypt?

How do you open the 2 closed metal gates in the crypt?

Where is the item that fits in the wall that says "a container of some sort" in the crypt?

Why can't I kill any more Golems? I killed the first one but since I've awakened the others they won't die. I've hit them a million times with everything I've got. They are invincible. I am level 8 with mythril sword. They should die. They are very easy to kill.

What was the shiny blue saber I found in the crypt? It went away after I equipted it for a few mintutes?

Why are there a few people in Arx just standing there like statues that I can't kill?

What does the troll want on level 3 that is behind a door and just grunts at me when I click on him?

How do I get through the door where the guy says, "You want trade gemstone? See blah blah blah"

How do I get through the door in the torture chamber on level 2? I tried casting bless and then picking it but it doesn't work.

How do I get the scroll on the ledge in Arx? I tried levitate but that doesn't work, even off the edge of the castle.

How do I use the teleporter? I am almost a level 9 and I have never once used it. I don't have any teleport spell or anything. I have barely used any magic the entire game. I don't know how to precast spells. I killed all the Yellses very early in the game with no magic and little armor. I used only my skill with blade. Took much practice and many tried but did it.

There are tons of doors and gates that won't open. I have like 3o keys but none of them open them. Do I need to use a "no clip" command to float through these doors?

Sorry but this is my first time playing a game like this and I have many questions. I have done everything out of order I think. I did not use walk through and have just been going around on my own exploring everything and killing EVERYONE i see(even dogs, chickens, humans, trolls, kids, kings, snake ladies, etc.,. I have been searching and searching for that dagger key that I once had but I lost it. I think my game is over now.
Post Wed Mar 10, 2004 6:33 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

First off Welcome to the boards. As for the key, go back and look in some of the places you had fights, often times if you pull stuff from your inventory other things pop out as well, so think on that, and then search the areas. Some things are not viiable on the ground due to textures, so if you cook for example, you can't seen the food but it's there. Same goes for dropped items. I found stuff in the walls and ceiling as well that I apparently tossed while trying to change weapons or use a scroll from inventory. There is no way in without the key. Check you past save games if you can't find it. You may have to reload one.

As to doors and gates, there are many levels, so you have to refer to the map.

The "container" is another exit from the crypt. A glowing orb goes in there which you find deeper in the crypts.

You will never kill the golems, so don't try. They are immortal in that room. You might want to reload here as well as the golem heart is good for enchanting objects.

The different glows are enchantments or curses, so you have to be able to identify the object to know if it is safe or not and what it means.

Any NPC that is quest related will not die. You really will need a lot of these people and trolls and goblins for quests. I would wait before killing them, as they are not immortal if they are part of the side quests. And you would have no way of knowing that until it is too late. I killed them all off after I reached the final battle, but before starting it, then checked out all of Arx and to see what they all had. They will die at this point in game, or not even be there.

As to locations of people, you have to use the map and tell me what level and what rooms you are referring to.

There are several items you need telekenisis for. Find scrolls or learn to cast it.

Some doors will never open, but most are either time or quest related, and then you can open them or pick the locks. You have to have high enough skills to get into some of them, so wait and come back when you level up again. Also there are stealth and dex. rings and clothing you can find later in game that help as well.

There are no cheats for the game other than the bone cheat at the very beginning for pc only, and many people had problems using it.

I think you may want to get that walkthrough now and start over. Sounds like you may have killed a few too many people you are going to need to really play the game. The walkthrough is more like a journal should be. It points you in the right direction, but doesn't tell you how to do everything, and it does have all the maps. Hope this helps. And if you do have pc version, install the patch.
Mark Twain
Post Wed Mar 10, 2004 1:28 pm