Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
I dont know if anybody posted a topic about this......
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
The Republican
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I dont know if anybody posted a topic about this......

What got you into Gothic?

My story:

It was my barber. Yep my barber. I just moved away from home. So I had to find a good barber. I went to one place. Where the barber is a big RPG player mainly computer RPGs. He talk me about the Gothic series. Then like a month later. I found used copy of Gothic at "Software & Etc." for $10. Thats how I got into the game.
Post Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:00 pm
Lostnumber
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Here's mine,

I received a computer game of some sort for a Christmas many moons ago from an aunt who had no ideal what she was shopping for. It was thoughtful of her, I mean at least she knew that I had a penchant for PC games, but her game selection was way off. Well seeing as how I didn't want her money to go to waste I thought that I would exchange it for another game, I went to Best Buy and took a look at the remaining post-Christmas selection. It was a meager selection; any game that was released with any sort of notoriety was already gone. I searched a little more and just happened to chance across a shiny black and red box, the title “Gothic” was written across the top. I took a look at the work put into the box, and that was it. Maybe it was the skeletons, the swords, or the creepy mine crawler queen, I really don't know. I swear to god though, something told me that this game was going to be a winner. So with only the slightest reserve I grasped the game in hand only to end up here years later. Needless to say this series has to be the best I have ever played on any system ever, hands down. The only other game that holds so much appeal in my mind is Bioforge. I don't know if any of the young ones here remember this gaming treat but that was a game if I ever knew one. Well that’s my story, how about the rest?
Post Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:30 pm
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

well my story is abit of the shady kind buy whit a good ending i guess..
anyway here goes .. i must confess .. i was rather bored whit all the games i had so far .. played most of them through amillion times .. i was looking abit around on the net for new games when i found a download for a game called gothic .. was a big file and took for ever to get but it was worth it never had i seen anything so amazine .. there was no speech though .. and i was thinking to my self if a game whitout speech can be this great it much be godlike whit speech.. so i ordered a copy off amazon and recomented it to my bro as well
we are both huge fans of it and agree that theres nothing that can compair to it and we both preorder G2 when it was possible to .. and cant wait the the english addon and G3 comes
Post Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:52 pm
Graham 2
High Emperor
High Emperor

My story is short but sweet

My sister used to be a mini mosher and she bought it because it had Gothic written on the box.
Post Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:58 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

I got a phone-call from a pal,

He said to call round and help him to get a grip with the contols of a new game he had just installed, he said it looks great but he could not control the
character.

When i got there he struggling at his keyboard, he had no co-ordination between his hands, he was using one finger of each hand like he was learning to type, his left hand did'nt know what the right hand was doing!

As i watched he said "this is no good - i can't handle this" here you take the game away, you can have it,

Yipee, within minutes of installing it on my own pc' i was well into the controls
and i played for several hours. Then i was "hooked" on it.
Post Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:28 am
balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe
Alien Dwarf
Alien Dwarf

A friend told me :"You should try this....." the rest is history!
Post Sat Mar 06, 2004 1:00 pm
Joeman
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I asked a stranger in CompUSA if Morrowind is any good. He said it's a good game, but I should try Gothic I&II first.
Post Sat Mar 06, 2004 7:28 pm
megadav
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

I just heard it's good
Post Sat Mar 06, 2004 7:47 pm