Getting through the demo "barrier"...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

Getting through the demo "barrier"...

Hmm, It seems that many people have gotten through the demo "barrier" and been able to explore the docks and stuff. But how?! I have tried everything, but its impossible! Please explain detailed.
Post Sat Dec 14, 2002 11:20 pm
Srikandi
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

There are two methods. One is tricky and involves the spikes on the top of Xardas's tower. The other, which I only learned about today, is breathtakingly simple. In Khorinis, to the left of the blacksmith shop in the demo area and just beyond the "demoground ends" sign, near two women, there's a lamppost. Stand at an angle to the lamppost and "activate" it. You'll be teleported to the other side, to the docks area. From there, you can exit Khorinis by the other gate, and you'll have access to a large area, including lots of monsters and a farm and an inn with some quests you can do. (Make sure you also try swimming along the coast and out to the islands.)

To get back, there's another blacksmith in the docks area (anvil etc. in front). Climb to the roof of that building and from there to the town wall. You can safely jump off the town wall into the demo area woods.

P.S. By the way, I just had a look at the map pic that was posted here a while ago (first screenie in this article: http://gamesweb.com/pc/previews/g/gothic2/prev-index.php). The "expanded" demo area covers about a third of this map (Khorinis and the areas north and south, about as far as the large N-S ridge that runs behind Xardas's tower).
Post Sat Dec 14, 2002 11:50 pm
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

Thanks!!!

I'll have to go and try it out right away!

Edit: Wow, the "other side" is almoust as big as the "demo side".

Does anyone know how to rais your STR? Someone said something about some plants and stuffs, didn't get it at all... could anyone explain that too?
Post Sun Dec 15, 2002 1:21 am
Srikandi
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

The legit way to raise your strength is to apprentice with the blacksmith and use your learn points as you level up...

You can also get a certain number of strength points by praying to Innos at a shrine (there's one in the "official" demo and at least two in the "unofficial" area) and offering 100 gold. You can do this once per day. What you get is random; sometimes it's life. Of course you can save and reload until you get the strenght boost.

I haven't tried the exploit with the berries to raise stats, so I'll leave it to someone else to explain that... but you should save any plants you find with strength and dexterity bonuses if you want to try this.
Post Sun Dec 15, 2002 12:18 pm
jackchaos
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

guyes, you can get back into the demogrounds using the same lamp post.

To get back into the demogrounds, go to the same lamp post and position yourself so you can see both the lamppost and the two women. You should be facing the water, lick your left mouse button and you should be pushed backward a bit and back into the demoground.
Post Sun Dec 15, 2002 7:28 pm