Nobody home at the spoiler forum, so here I am
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Neverwinter Nights - Spoilers

Author Thread
Hagatha
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Nobody home at the spoiler forum, so here I am

I need some hints on how my level 15 fighter/wizard cand Grimgnaw can kill Klauth. He gets to "near death" pretty fast (actually, almost right away) , but he never actually dies. I have used up all my wands, spells, and potions, and have gone back to the temple about 15 times for healing. Still that dragon is at "near death". What does it take to kill it? because this is the last thing I have to do in this chapter, I am playing this battle on the easiest level, and I am actually ready to give up on this game.

I've been through the above routine about eight times noe, always with the same result - "near death" goes on forever.
Post Mon Jan 27, 2003 3:16 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

I'll assume you performed the ritual that makes it POSSIBLE to kill him?

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Mon Jan 27, 2003 2:16 pm
Beo
Space Defender
Space Defender

Which class do you have? The strategy will be different even if you have performed the ritual EX suggested. Being a cleric is the easiest while being a bard is .... Klauth is immune to Fire and Acid if I recall correctly.
Post Mon Jan 27, 2003 6:41 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

And mind affecting spells and all sorts of other good things.

My wizard stopped time and maximize cone of colded him a bunch of times. But that's a wizard. I can't imagine beating him as another class... not without some serious magical item support.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Wed Jan 29, 2003 12:49 pm
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

I don't recall what level my ranger was for this fight, but I had the dragon boots on (to help with fear etc). It was a really long fight. Tomi bought it early, and it cost me a large number of heal potions (about but if you wail on the beastie long enough it eventually gives up the ghost.

@Xen - I *do* remember it being "near death" for a very, very long time. Does it regenerate some handful of points each round to keep it going near death so long?
Post Wed Jan 29, 2003 4:39 pm
Hagatha
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Now here's the funny thing. I went back to the Temple to heal, and picked up that little gnome spellcaster Boddyknock, and he killed that dragon with one spell (my character is a fairly uselss fighter/wizard - I won't make the mistake of multiclassing a character next time). THis using the same game save position that Grimgnaw and I had started from several times with the dragon at "near death".

And I didn't realize this, but there is a significant amount of cheese in this battle, because you can rest, get back all your spells and go back, and the dragon is still near death, so there would never have been a problem at all if I had realized this earlier. My second time through the battle it was pretty easy, armed with this information.
Post Thu Jan 30, 2003 3:13 am
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

Yes you can jump out, rest up, return to fight, jump out ....

But I always get that "I am cheating" feeling when I do that. Sort of like the resting all the time option. Personally I try to use the teleport stone only when I am staggering under the loot I am carrying or when I run out of some needed item.
Post Thu Jan 30, 2003 1:24 pm