RPGDot Network    

Fallout: The Brotherhood of Steel (Xbox)
Display full image
Pic of the moment
More
pics from the gallery

Site Navigation

Main
   News
   Forums

Games
   Games Database
   Top 100
   Release List
   Support Files

Features
   Reviews
   Previews
   Interviews
   Editorials
   Diaries
   Misc

Download
   Gallery
   Music
   Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
5x Stat at level up ?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Ruby
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

5x Stat at level up ?

Hi all,
What do you have to do to get the 5x multipliers at level ups for your stats ? Do you have to concentrate your skill gains in just one or two skills ? Mine keeps coming out with alot of 3x multipliers. The manual is not very helpful.

Thanks,
Ruby
Post Mon Jun 24, 2002 8:05 am
Frenzy
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I think you need to level up in ten skills that uses the attribute strength, for example: axe x5 and longsword x5 and then you've got 5x multiplier. I know, this is a really bad explanation, but I don't know how to explain it easier.
Post Mon Jun 24, 2002 8:29 am
Beo
Space Defender
Space Defender

Here is a rough scale of modifier:
1-4: 2x
5-7: 3x
8-9: 4x
10: 5x

You will get 3x modifier on an attribute if you raise 5-7 skills point based on the same attribute. To get 5x bonus, you need to raise all 10 skill points with the same attribute.
Post Mon Jun 24, 2002 9:44 am
XeroX
The MasterCopy
The MasterCopy

you can get 5x multiplayer for as many skills as you want, when leveling up.
Only 3 can be used, so no need for more.

To join the Sportfans PM me
www.feyenoord.com
Post Mon Jun 24, 2002 10:16 am
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

It's useful to know that Misc. skills count towards your attribute multipliers, but not towards the points for level increase. So, before you level, you can raise your misc. skills until you ensure 3 attributes had their supporting skills increased by at least 10 levels (cumulative).
Post Mon Jun 24, 2002 4:32 pm
Prgrmr@wrk
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Misc skills NEVER count towards a level?
I noticed this with my new lvl 2 fighter guy, but I'm fairly certain my lvl 54 magethief gets level points from misc skills. Except when training though. Not completely sure though. But he's leveling up no prob still, even though 8/10 of his minor/major skills are at 100.

BTW, getting a x5 modifier is rarely worth it, since that usually means your other attributes have no modifier. Getting 3 x3 modifiers is easier, and worth more. Although, I once had 4 x5 modifiers, and 2 x3, because I didn't rest for about 4 levels worth. That didn't work either though, because the next 3 levels I had waiting didn't get any modifiers at all.
Post Tue Jun 25, 2002 10:14 am
XeroX
The MasterCopy
The MasterCopy

misc skills only count for multipliers not for a level.
Multipliers: major, minor and misk
Level: major and minor

To join the Sportfans PM me
www.feyenoord.com
Post Tue Jun 25, 2002 10:59 am
Guest Dare

It works like this. If you increase 50 skill points in misc. skills you still will NOT level. You WILL however have the stat multipliers for the attribute associated with the skills that you raised when you do level.

In order to maximize your attribute gains you should focus on getting 3 attributes a 5x multiplier. This generally means that you need to raise 2 misc skills by 10 points each and 1 major -or- minor skill by 10 points. So thats 30 total skill increases over 3 skills, all using a different associated attribute.

example:

I have Destruction as a major skill, I raise it 10 points and I get the "you should rest..." message. But before I rest I go and work on my misc. skills axe and acrobatics. I raise them both by 10 points also. Then when I rest I will get 5x multipliers on Strength, Intelligence, and Speed (or agility can't remember which it is for acrobatics...)
Now because I raised a major skill by 10 points FIRST I will get the message to rest after every misc. skill increase. The misc skills are not counting towards level up but are simply triggering the script because they are skill ups.
To avoid confusing the simple minded that means that you should raise your misc. skills BEFORE you raise a major/minor skill. That way you will get your 5x multipliers and not get any misleading messages about resting.

So the example will look like this:
Raise Axe 10 points.
Raise Acrobatics 10 points.
Then raise the Major skill Destruction 10 points.
At this point you will be told to rest and level up.
Wahoo, 5x multipliers on 3 different stats!

Now I think that's simple enough that even my 6 year neice can understand.
Post Tue Jun 25, 2002 11:58 am

sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

Acrobatics and Axe are both strength...
Post Tue Jun 25, 2002 5:35 pm
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

Best skills for speed are H2H and Unarmored. Whenever you want to increase your speed, just go fight something small without any armor and H2H only. Acrobatics is best for strength. Willpower, intelligence and personality can be raised through various magic traning. Endurance is the hardest skill to max out since only medium and heavy armors and spear weapon are associated with it.

I'd suggest leaving magics that support 3 separate attributes as misc, as well as H2H, unarmored and acrobatics. Before you level through major/minor skill increases, make sure you max out whatever attribute multipliers you want through mindless leveling of associated misc skills.
Post Thu Jun 27, 2002 4:33 pm