Gothic 2 Confusion :)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Ginny
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Gothic 2 Confusion :)

I just purchased the English version of Gothic 2. While reading through the forums I keep coming across posts about addons, NotR, patches, new difficulty changers, changes to in game graphics, and changes to in game stats.

On the main site, I could not find anything about patches or any of these other alterations: are these player made?

And what do you suggest that I get for my brand new English version of Gothic 2? I would like to be as up to date as possible, of course.

Thank you.
Post Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:41 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Welcome to the forums, Ginny!

As to your questions... if you have the English language G2 version, you're set for now. There are no patches available yet.

'NotR' is the short form for the add-on title 'Night of the Raven'. It's not available in English language yet, and at this point there's no release date scheduled. The original (German) version of NotR is 'DNdR' (Die Nacht des Raben), which has been released last November IIRC. It's an official add-on by the makers of Gothic and Gothic II.

There are player-made mods for Gothic II, like the one which adjusts game difficulty, or the fan-made translation mod for NotR (basically meaning that you can install the German language add-on over the English language game and play that what has been added by the add-on with English sub-titles). Some of the sticky threads in these forums explain about how to get and install those modifications.
Post Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:02 pm
Ginny
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thank you so much for the information. I am no longer confused!
Post Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:06 pm
aldee_
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Jaz
The original (German) version of NotR is 'DNdR' (Die Nacht des Raben), which has been released last November IIRC.
Make that August '03 :-).
Post Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:11 pm