Need info about Dungeon Siege single player game
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Dungeon Siege

Author Thread
DMC23
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Need info about Dungeon Siege single player game

I got the game for Christmas. I have read reviews saying the story wasnt that good. Im pretty satisfied so far (up to Gl. Mines). There seems to be a decent amout of story if you take the time to read the books you find. However, I have also read that the single player ending is horrible (one person said it was the worst since Dos days WTF?). How bad is it (no spoilers though please). Is it one of those with a 30 second of text and its over ending? Im not expecting a Final Fantasy 30 minutes CGI ending but if Im going to spend another 15 hours to finish it, I want some kind of reward (shouldnt I expect one ? )

Thanks for any info in advance.
Post Sun Dec 29, 2002 2:13 am
vaticide
Put food in here
Put food in here

I enjoyed the game, although you will find a lot of other people did not. All I will say about the ending is I don't remember much about it, if that gives you any indication.

Enjoy the game,

-vaticide
Post Sun Dec 29, 2002 5:41 am
Poanus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

ending isnt as good as it could be, game is nice, if you've finished bgII MW etc for like 5 times Nah to be serieus? This game is more for non rpg'ers who like action. Its 99% action 1% story/quest. Still its nice if you want to play some non stop action.
Post Tue Jan 07, 2003 3:50 pm
puma
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I liked DS because:
- graphics and many different locations
- action and lots of killing
I's true the story is not a typical rpg style, but much more quests than Diablo. Similar in style.
Very nice feature is a pause and command, which I prefer over Diablo's real time action, so you have time to prepare some tactics.

There is no ending at all - like in Diablo or even less (no portal). But you may continue to play on multiplayer modes with your characters from single, then the reward is the loot you get in the end, which in that case will be usefull.

My neighbour friend said, however, that the final boss was the best he have ever seen, and he saw maaany of them. Fightin him is a pleasure alone, do you need any more of a reward?
Post Mon Mar 10, 2003 12:13 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

the end suckt. i kinda liked the game but compared too diablo2 or gothic is the only good thing at the game the graphics and if you fight in group at the end the boss ain't hard to finish he is disapointing weak wished i didn't finished the game then it would have been more fun
Post Sun Aug 10, 2003 11:44 am
puma
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

The boss may be easy if you play the game on Easy difficulty. I strongly recommend playing on Normal or Hard from the very beginning till the very end. Your playtime will be twice or triiple longer. It took me about half an hour to kill the final boss on Hard. You should have at least two wizards with ressurection and powerful healing spells - will use it during the whole fight.

After you finish single campaign on hard it is nice to try your skills on the muliplayer campaign on Vetran. That's cool.
Post Sun Aug 10, 2003 1:37 pm