View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 3 General

Author Thread
Milan Kovacs
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

The penal colony of Chorinas

The colony
As everybody know, gothic 1 is in the colony. Then when the hero doom the sleeper, the barrier fall. After the fall of the barrier everybody run away, and happy to escape. They leave everything behind, only a few men stays there. Many people die in the dark forests on the way out, but many can escape. Then everything change. The orcs roam the place, and build a huge wall, and their big camp. After that beliar's best servants, the dragons arrive and destroy everything. They attack that few people who stayed in the camps. The swamp camp and the new camp totally disappear. In gothic 2, the colony is in very big trouble. Orcs are everywhere, a big part of it is lost, and there are 4 dragons, who serve the god of the black magic, Beliar. They are in worse situation then they were, the colony is more dangerous then it ever was. The mines are collapsed, only a few small mines are. What will be the destiny of the colony?? It will lost forever? It was a nice place, it was THE HOME, and then after the attack it is a very poor place. Every good disappeared. Then
Ur-Shak appears, and he decides the hero'll be his enmy, and he'll attack him when they meet next time. Ur-Shak joins again to the council, and what next? He'll follow the sleeper? In gothic 1 they stopped the sleeper together. All is lost????? What will happen???
Post Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:07 am
Bartacus
Il Buono
Il Buono

The Penal Colony and in fact the whole island Khorinis, won't be a part of the large Gothic 3 world. I think they will introduce Ur-shak again and he'll only be the enemy of the hero depending on your path -> Don't forget that it's already been said that you can either stay neutral, join the orcs or stand with the rest of the Kings Army.
NFG member
Post Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:02 pm
Milan Kovacs
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Yes. But it's a mad idea that u can't return to the colony. BTW, if u can join to the kings army, and the northern fighters and the orcs, where u will be a mage?? With the orcs? a Shaman? I think u can't be a mage with the notrherns cuz they're fighters. or will be there more place to join???
Post Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:29 pm
mazu
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Propably with the guy who pulls rabbits out of his hat and stands near the hot dog stand on the fifth row next to the fat guy.
Post Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:11 pm
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

Hmm I can see your point. I think the colony has grown too big to become somewhat a main element in a Gothic sequel. Wouldn't it just break our hearts that we won't be able to visit it again..
Post Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:29 pm
Silvayn
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

It would be cool, if the game would check if G2/G1 is installed and if yes, allow you to visit the old areas. Either for some extra XP or just to see what happened with it (if the developers would change it a bit, of course).
Post Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:30 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by X-dANGEr
Hmm I can see your point. I think the colony has grown too big to become somewhat a main element in a Gothic sequel. Wouldn't it just break our hearts that we won't be able to visit it again..

No.

Without the old worlds from G2 and G1 PB isn't limited in their creativity, thus they are able to make a better game. Otherwise they would still have to watch out that they don't change too much. Now they can create a whole new world the way they want it.
Post Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:21 am
VPeric
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Yes, but weren't Khorinis/VoM already made to their liking? Kidding, though, I think all-new areas would be better. If we could come back again, it'd in a way make "re-usability" a sign of the series, and I bet loads of people would think "Ew, they're too lazy to make new stuff. Game must suck."
Post Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:00 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by VPeric
Yes, but weren't Khorinis/VoM already made to their liking?

First of all the new engine offers a lot of new possibilities that they didn't have with the engine from G1. Rebuilding the VoM and Khorinis wouldn't give them the opportunity to get everything out of the engine.
The Vom is from 2001 or something in 5 years many things can change.
Post Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:07 pm
Milan Kovacs
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Yes.
BUT everybody would like to see the Colony in gothic 3. IT's really a pity there isn't colony in gothic3
Post Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:13 pm
Crusadus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yeah.... Those memories.

Having to run all night collecting shit for that ULU-MULU was somewhat unforgettable experience. Lots of hassle for a poor weapon, that had no actual use as I slaughtered the whole orcish camp.

Perhaps they will make an addon?
Post Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:53 pm
cptmaxon
High Emperor
High Emperor

the colony wasn't a home it was a prison, of course ppl would be happy to escape it, and I don't remeber Ur-Shak when I had to fend off the demented followers of that crazy goro or when I had to take out a demon lord after putting a sword through one of the orcs shamans hearts, where was he? outside where it's safe, he should have figured I was the enemy in gothic 1 after I decimeted his village.
Post Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:56 am
landlord
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I didn't feel Valley of Mines like a prison, and I was really sad when G1 was over (even more sad when I returned to see what was left of it).
Either in G1 and G2 I like to play again and again the first chapter, when the hero gets used with the surroundings and learns the way things work. I'd hate G3 for not having a place like VoM, where to rediscover the world of Gothic. The real Gothic is, I think, the Gothic where the player explores the world and ges to know people, not where he saves the world.
Post Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:25 am
Milan Kovacs
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I've been thinking the whole thing over, and i think i know what will they do. Try to guess what will they do after gotic3 is finished??? Of course they'll make an addon, with bigger world, and i think the colony will be in it
Post Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:34 pm