Usergroups
Good news everybody!! *Prof. Farnsworth voice*
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
foniks munkee
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Looks like EBgames is now shipping Gothic. They have taken it off of preorder status and it is shipping within 24hours. Lets just hope this is right.

Unfortunately for us Australians, there is still no hope in sight for a release any time soon. Apparently the Australian distributor has dropped the product from their line up and therefore the game is in limbo until someone else decides to run with it. DAMN IT!!

[ This Message was edited by: foniks munkee on 2001-11-20 18:55 ]
Post Wed Nov 21, 2001 12:46 am
MC_Renzy
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Ya I just called them today and the guy said it should be available no later then Friday. Lets hope they get this one right for once. I am starting to lose interest in this game and leaning more towards getting final fantasy 9. It had better be available this week or final fantasy it is. I have been holding onto this 50 dollar bill for just to long. It has to be spent this week.
Post Wed Nov 21, 2001 2:13 am
foniks munkee
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

It's true, it has been too long.. But FF9 by the way is an excellent game and also worthy of attention. I prefer FF8, but that is my opinion - FF9 really improved in the areas such as graphics, cutscenes and interface.. but the story wasn't quite there for me. Or it could be that I played right on the back of a one weekend 35 hour stint with FF8.

I guess your just going to have to find a way to make that $50.00 bill into two!

BTW Did EB say they actually have it in stock and would be delivered to you by Friday or are they expecting to receive it themselves by Friday?
Post Wed Nov 21, 2001 2:53 am
MC_Renzy
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

The guy told me that its being sent out tommorrow by xicat and he will have it on the shelves no latter then Friday. I sure hope he's right. By the way, I can't believe you actually like final fantasy 8. I bought it the first day it came out and returned it 3 hours later. I truly didn't like the new magic system and the long load times. Also the love story was just pathetic. I've played ff9 on the epsxe emulator and it seems to run well and has much improved over ff8. I'd rather get Gothic seeing as its more midevil, but I just can't wait any longer! I pray it shows up Friday.
Post Wed Nov 21, 2001 4:19 am
foniks munkee
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Each to his own. FF8 is good FF9 good too, for different reasons.. It does have a better magic system, your right.

Gothics dark setting is one of the things that really look forward to, I love games with atmos.
Post Wed Nov 21, 2001 5:49 am
Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

I hope your right. Amazon still has 12/6-12 as a delivery date. I found Deus Ex and have come to fill my time with playing it. And at $20 for the “Game of the Year” edition it’s a great buy.

Just looked at EBGames.com...They are now shipping Gothic.

Maybe I should cancel my order with Amazon and order it from EB...

[ This Message was edited by: Ragnar on 2001-11-21 08:14 ]
Post Wed Nov 21, 2001 2:08 pm
Raldor
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

This is off the topic, but since you were talking about Final Fantasy games I thought I'd ask. Do the Final Fantasy games all follow one big story line? I noticed each one looks like a different setting from the last, but figured maybe there was one constant theme to them?

I played I think the first one on NES and completed it, but it's been so long ago I don't remember anything about the story. I played a little bit of 7 on PC when it was new but never really got into. I've thought about playing it again from time to time.
Post Wed Nov 21, 2001 2:23 pm

Im picking mine up after work. Just got a call from my local EB here in northern Alabama and they got 4 copies...one of which is mine. $44.95
Post Wed Nov 21, 2001 6:02 pm

MC_Renzy
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Each final fantasy has its own story line. The best final fantasy ever would be number 3. It was for the super nintendo and you can get an eumlator that actually makes it look better then the console. The emulator is called zsnes and you can find the final fantasy 3 rom any where on the net. Just do a search for super nes roms. The graphics are old and crappy but the game is very fun and has a great story line.
Post Wed Nov 21, 2001 6:50 pm
MC_Renzy
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Damn your lucky Anonymous, just called my EB and the jerkoffs still don't got it. Hopefully tommorrow. Also, wheres that fool that was saying the game has been striped down? I hate when people make such claims but dont have anything to back it up with. If its true and the claimer is reading this, please give me a link or something where I can see these so called facts with my own eyes.
Post Wed Nov 21, 2001 7:03 pm
Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

YES!!...Just called EB at the local mall and its sitting on the shelf waiting for me to pick it up on the way home tonight. Looks like I'll be loosing some sleep this Thanksgiving holiday.

Sylvio
Post Wed Nov 21, 2001 8:21 pm

aye, ff3 is the best out there
as odd as it may sound... i might even recommend it over gothic, although the two games are very very different
gothic seems so much more action oriented, and a different graphic feel
Post Tue Nov 27, 2001 12:27 am

i ordered my gothic on tuesday 20th, its now a week later and i check my order status, it said "no orders to display" they realy fucked my order there, Every day over thanksgiving break i hoped it would be at my doorstep until i wait a full week and the damn eb bastards didnt even do shit with it. unless there is some screwup with the site. damn im pissed. ordering by internet blows.
Post Wed Nov 28, 2001 2:41 am