Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
About Siege weapons, birds, wind, UnderWaterMonsters, and...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Hi-Necro
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

About Siege weapons, birds, wind, UnderWaterMonsters, and...

Greetings!

Here are some new ideas/suggestions of mine for Gothic3, and I hope they will help:

 Some people already say that they want to see some livestock in G3. Well, as to me, I think we should have some birds in the forest, which are in level 2 but fly fast, if we like, we could try to shoot them and get some valuable stuff from them; in Khorinis and on the farms, there should be some little rats at level1, which also move fast, and we could get some quests like to help someone to get rid of the rats on his/her farm and earn some money; under water there should be some kinds of fish (big and small), and we could do something to fish them and sell them; yes, if possible, I would also want to see some under water monsters, so maybe we should can be fighting even under water (cool) !

 All of us agree that the water effect is amazing in G2/G2Addon, but I am surprised that there are no flowers in the world , so, I hope we could have some amazing ‘flowerland’ in G3, and there should be some butterflies; and what about some winds in the world ------ the trees and flowers will just sway in the wind ------- yes, this could make the world more beautiful and more realistic.

 What about some siege weapons ? I mean, the paladins/knights/mercenaries survived in G3 will use something like mangonel to defend themselves against the mighty orc’s army, and our nameless hero will have to use this weapon to make a hole in a thick wall to search something or escape (something like that), or even use it to defeat an entire orc’s army if he is not a magician.

 The armors, they should require some strength to wear efficiently, because they are heavy to wear. So we can make, say, a paladin armor require at least 100 strength to wear efficiently, otherwise the one wears this armor will just act in a slow motion.

 We remember that in G1 the insert code of the dark robe of Xardas is ‘dmb_armor_m’, so, will we be able to see a new robe belongs to Xardas, who then will be the High Necromancer and controls the entire dark strength? And if we could choose to join him, we should have the chance to wear this High Robe of High Necromancer, too.

 Of course, if we could join Xardas, we could learn from him then (necromancer first, then high necromancer ------ as s mage, of course), and this meant that there must be some higher circle of magic either belongs to Innos or Beliar.

 We should also add some new spells/runes which can create a powerful magic barrier to protect us (so, P.B. could make some much more might creatures/foes), or increase our strength or dexterity or mana for a short time, or even give us the ability to make a super hit which can do damage more than ‘WeaponDamage +Strength -EnemyArmor’ even we do not have 100% talent of 1H or 2H weapons. All the magic mentioned above should be used not only on our nameless hero himself but on his followers, too; and our hero can heal other persons by using healing magic. And if we could use a new summon spell, which can summon us a skeleton mage or a seeker, it will be cool. Because skeleton mage or seeker can also summon skeletons or zombies to help us.

Well, how do you think about them, piease tell me.
-------------------------------
Best Regards
Post Fri Oct 24, 2003 8:02 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: About Siege weapons, birds, wind, UnderWaterMonsters, an

quote:
Originally posted by Hi-Necro
Greetings!

Here are some new ideas/suggestions of mine for Gothic3, and I hope they will help:

 Some people already say that they want to see some livestock in G3. Well, as to me, I think we should have some birds in the forest, which are in level 2 but fly fast, if we like, we could try to shoot them and get some valuable stuff from them; in Khorinis and on the farms, there should be some little rats at level1, which also move fast, and we could get some quests like to help someone to get rid of the rats on his/her farm and earn some money; under water there should be some kinds of fish (big and small), and we could do something to fish them and sell them; yes, if possible, I would also want to see some under water monsters, so maybe we should can be fighting even under water (cool) !

I like the fishing idea. Not really concerned much about shooting birds, but I would like to see more nuetral animals just for ambiance.

quote:

[ The armors, they should require some strength to wear efficiently, because they are heavy to wear. So we can make, say, a paladin armor require at least 100 strength to wear efficiently, otherwise the one wears this armor will just act in a slow motion.

I have no problem with this, though your palladin example is a bit exterme. Requiring the maximum strength value to use a standard
armor type is too restrictive. Perhaps something more in the 65-70 range would be more realisitc.

quote:

 We should also add some new spells/runes which can create a powerful magic barrier to protect us (so, P.B. could make some much more might creatures/foes), or increase our strength or dexterity or mana for a short time, or even give us the ability to make a super hit which can do damage more than ‘WeaponDamage +Strength -EnemyArmor’ even we do not have 100% talent of 1H or 2H weapons. All the magic mentioned above should be used not only on our nameless hero himself but on his followers, too; and our hero can heal other persons by using healing magic. And if we could use a new summon spell, which can summon us a skeleton mage or a seeker, it will be cool. Because skeleton mage or seeker can also summon skeletons or zombies to help us.

I'm all for more spells as long as each spell has its own unique use and there isn't a lot of overlap.

A general comment I'd like to make is that the more we can interact with the environment, the better. This includes everything from real physics to the use of the "seige machines" that you mentioned.
Post Fri Oct 24, 2003 9:09 pm
Hi-Necro
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Hi, I am glad to see your post.

Absolutely, all we hope P.B. to do in future is to make the world more and more realistic, and, of course, more beautiful. Some posts(rumors) already say that P.B. will use the DOOM3 engine to develop the new version of Gothic, and the game will not come out until 2007 or 2008. Well, anyway, personally speaking I will ont complain the too long time of developing, but I hope we will not be disappointed at the new game(If the deadline is true, oh, I hope P.B. use the 'DOOM4' engine to develop the game ).

As to armor's strength requirement, well, in G2Addon the best axe is now requiring 170 Str. to use , so I think 100 Str. is not a too restrictive requirement for paladin's armor.

Here is another fun idea for G3:

If we can make some of the beasts 'mating' then have babies, it will be very cool indeed. Think about it, if we could see two shadowbeasts 'mating' together, oh, it will really be a deep breath ,and we should be gentle enough not to disturb them.

Yes, this could make the world much more sprier than ever, and I like this idea.

And what would you say?
Post Sat Oct 25, 2003 6:34 am
xSMOKEx
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

uhmm (i am not sure about area changes in Doom3 but
as it is a modified q engine? i guess it will have kinda same probs?
maybe... and q3 eg has alot probs like u cant draw to many tris bec game slows down when it reach 12000Tris ~ (singleplayer)
in other words if doom3 got same probs they cant make Gothic III with it bec u coudlnt do a big world with it and thats what i guess!
i think they got another engine!
a engine that support big worlds..!
and i heared the release will be 2005-2006
(another thing why they ?dont buy doom engine is bec its fu**ing expensive) (anyway i dont think its Doom engine)
Post Sat Oct 25, 2003 10:53 am
Hi-Necro
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Hey, I have announced that they are only some rumors , so maybe you are closer to the answer(Anyway, I do not know Q3 very much).

But which engine can they use? That engine must support GREAT graphics than ever as well as big world, so, which engine exists can do such a work? I got no idea about it, or they should wait and use a completely new engine which has no come into exist.
Post Sun Oct 26, 2003 3:42 am
Hi-Necro
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

One more thing,

Welcome to this forum, and I thank you for your reply.
Post Sun Oct 26, 2003 4:06 am
Spunior
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Some posts(rumors) already say that P.B. will use the DOOM3 engine to develop the new version of Gothic
I think it's safe to say that this is nonsense. First of all, PB already stated earlier that licensing a state-of-art engine would blast their budget. In addition to that the D3 engine currently doesn't really look like it's suited for the requirements of the world Gothic tends to provide. A huge area, full of nature elements and constantly streamed instead of being devided into small sections. Also, the the game is currently said to be released some time in Q3/2005 according to Kai.
Post Sun Oct 26, 2003 12:14 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

quote:

Some posts(rumors) already say that P.B. will use the DOOM3 engine to develop the new version of Gothic, and the game will not come out until 2007 or 2008.

This was an April Fool´s joke, you naive human!

Doom 3 is made for small indoor levels, it would be completely useless for Gothic 3.
Post Sun Oct 26, 2003 3:40 pm
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

i have some ideas for spells:
breath spell (you can breath under water)
immortal spell (you will be immortal for a few minutes)
create dragon spell (you can create a dragon that will help you for a few minutes)

how about it?
Post Sun Oct 26, 2003 6:07 pm
xSMOKEx
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

lol
how about Womens Undress Spell heh

well about what engine they will use dunno
but i would self like to know wich it is
well with some luck it will be one that has allready mod-tools out

not like Gothic II (well Night of Raven got vdf tool but u cant script whitout scriptfiles
Post Mon Oct 27, 2003 4:52 am
Hi-Necro
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

To Spunior: Thank you.

---------------------------------
To Gorath: .............

To Neo_Genesis:

I like the dragon spell, just hope P.B. develop it; and all dragons SHOULD be more powerful in future. As to the immortal spell, er...., I do not like it very much, but the breath spell is fine. Yes, we really need it!

Well, the dragons are a bit strange to me.

First they are somewhat smaller than the 'original size' in our mind; and their ability seems to be RATHER limited . I have mercy on them.

Now I want to see some human liked foes, who are taller than normal NPCs (about 1.4~2.0 times taller) and much stronger, and use some HUGE weapons which are even larger than normal 2H weapons, (So they will be a REAL nightmare for us, because they have human shape, so have a great celerity just like normal NPCs, not like the clumsy Trolls; they are tall and have longer-ranged weapon, so it will be rather difficult for a fighter to get close to them then attack them)----- we shoukd use 'Titan' to describe them. Maybe they are belonged to a new race or even be the guardians of Gods. This will be a reaaaal challenge to everyone of us!!

And I am disappointed that nearly all the NPCs in the game have the same stature, P.B. should change it in G3.
Post Tue Oct 28, 2003 1:10 pm
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

quote:

And I am disappointed that nearly all the NPCs in the game have the same stature, P.B. should change it in G3.

yes, you are right. i think some people should be shorter, and have less mussles. and others are like wrestlers
and you must have some really fat guys, like that guy were you can barrow money (don't know his name anymore). he always sitts in his chair...

and about the 'titans'....
good idea, only what you are talking about now, they are too strong for us... not even the hero can beat such creatures. i think they must be something like thsi:
- about double as tall as a normal human.
- big mussles.
- big weapon, but as strong as a normal weapon.
- slow, so when they are after you, you can run if your not strong enough.
- they must be alone, not with a group.
- they don't have ranged weapons, so they can't hit you when you are running way.

i think they should be like that
(now hope PB reads this )
Post Tue Oct 28, 2003 1:21 pm
Hi-Necro
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Yes, I will manage to sent e-mail to P.B. for us, HOPE it works.
Post Tue Oct 28, 2003 1:32 pm
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

you can send the list how they look like.

to us, and to the new 'titans'
Post Tue Oct 28, 2003 1:35 pm
Bytespawn
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

some new spells: "Illusionary dragon" wich causes fear upon your foes
"Mass healing" every allie will be healed
"Mass Oblivion"
"ressurection" If xardas could, why can't we,
after a long period of concentration you are
able to revive a slain allie

New creatures: "Orc archer"
"Ore dragon"
"Cyclops"
"Hellspawn" evil creature made of fire
"Deva" a large creature that is made of light, a protector
of the gods
"large minecrawler" improved version of minecrawler warrior
"archdemon"
New classes: Rogues, mages:servant of Innos AND sevant of Adanos, rangers (experienced ranged fighters)
Post Sun Nov 16, 2003 6:23 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next