Modding request.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Acleacius
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Modding request.

Hey could any of you Modders take a look at fixing the Sky in VotM, please?

While dull, boring and grey may fit the story those of us that play numerious times it gets well dull, boring and grey.

If your a fan of Gothic 1 you probably know that one of the more popular Mods (well the nude patch is pretty popular too ) was the Bluesky patch.
I have tried moving the Bluesky.vdf to the Gothic 2\data with no luck seems it wont work.

There is no doubt (at least in my mind) Gothics look very good with Beautiful Skies, especially the Clear Bluesky and the Early Morning Colors.

Maybe it is just to difficult to do on Gothic 2 compared to Gothic, could be a reason it has not been done so far?

I hope someone can take care of this for all the current, former and future fans. :cheer: :chugbeer:

Thanks to anyone, for any ideas or tips.
Post Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:08 am
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Did you try editing in the gothic.ini file> "zcolorizesky = 1" - "0" makes the sky more beautiful but i havn't tried it.

Also see those [sky_outdoor] settings, notice the last four OW settings (gothic1 *old world* i think) all set with the same values, try making them as the first four or similar. It isn't hard to do.

Let us know if you have good result, some other players could then try them.

Post Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:36 pm
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

nice idea wulf
but incase that doesnt get it done for you let me know and i'll see what i can do about swaping the sky tex with Gothic
lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. the rset can be a
total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.
tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey
lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Post Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:42 pm
Acleacius
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Thanks for the tips/ideas, guys.

Will try but as far as I can tell they seemed to use a different base sky texture in VotMs, thou I am not really sure.

I have tried in the past to set the colors in the OW to the same as the NW, while seeing some shift in colors, it still seemed to be drak grey as a base keeping the whole level like a yucky rain day, nothing like the beautiful colors of the NW or AOW.

I can try it again soon, lost my games harddrive for about 48 hours, just getting back up to speed now.
Post Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:08 am