Usergroups
Fairly substantial problem! Above level 5, but can't join th
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Quemaqua
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Okay, the game is telling me that I'm at level 7, but won't let me join up with the New Camp! When I talk to Lares, it just says something about requiring level 5, and he tells me "You're not ready yet, do your tasks." I've read the mission diary, I've done everything, as far as I can tell! If there's another objective to complete they sure as hell should have made it more obvious! I'll be pissed off either way, but I would hate to think that I had to be AT LEVEL 5 in order to join, and that now being at level 7 it won't let me. But at least if I just missed something it wouldn't totally set me back.

Help! This is making the game suck, since I can't go anywhere new. =(

Post Tue Nov 27, 2001 2:21 pm
Sveinung
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I'm sorry that I can't help you because I only have the demo-version of the game. Othervise I could have helped you!
Post Tue Nov 27, 2001 7:17 pm

Did you do the mission at the old camp to go to the mine but then you dont give the old camp the item you give it to the new camp
Post Tue Nov 27, 2001 9:01 pm

Quemaqua
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Unfortunately I gave the list to the Old Camp. I hadn't even VISITED the New Camp yet. But once I made it there, after that mission, I decided I liked it and wanted to stay. So now I feel pretty screwed. =( I really want to jump back in and play some more, but I don't know what the hell my options are. I don't know if I could join the Sect camp, cuz I really messed with those guys (didn't like the alchemist, so I sorta' alienated myself), and I don't particularly want to join the Old Camp. Dammit!

Post Tue Nov 27, 2001 9:06 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Lares wants to manipulate the list before you give it to Diego.
You can no longer join the NC because you delivered the list too early. If you still want to you have to cheat. Take control of Diego and drop the list. Of course success is not guaranteed, so save.
Post Tue Nov 27, 2001 10:00 pm
Quemaqua
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

That's retarted! Lares never even mentions the goddamn list, so how would I even know to deliver it to him? Aside from that, I hadn't even been to the camp yet, so that kinda' sucks. =( They did say I could get close to the other camps and deliver something valuable, but that's a pretty obscure reference. And if I can't join the NC, he should TELL me! I just ran around leveling up and trying to find whatever else it might have been that he wanted me to do. Grr... Diego never goes away by himself at all, so there's no way I could even hope to knock him out and get the list.

*Sigh*

Well, I guess I'm joining the OC! I guess that's not so bad. They aren't bad chaps. But that still annoys me. Oh well, next time through I will remember.

[ This Message was edited by: Quemaqua on 2001-11-27 17:10 ]
Post Tue Nov 27, 2001 11:08 pm

Boy I'm glad I found this post. I'm at exactly the same place, (Finished every available quest except for joining a camp) and can't seem to join NC no matter what I brought back to Lares.

I definitely agree that the consequences for giving Diego the list, ie. being excluded from NC, should have been made more obvious since you rarely venture outside the OC walls early in the game, for fear of being gutted and eaten by wolves.
Post Tue Dec 04, 2001 6:25 am

Digital Pimp
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Ian does say, This List CAN'T fall into the hands of the New Camp... just alittle hint. Remember this is an RPG though most of the game is linear it does take more then get mission, finish mission, get reward.
Post Tue Dec 04, 2001 10:21 am
PaulDenton
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

It is called TEST OF FAITH, you automatically join if you pass the test. You should have known that just by looking at the name.
Post Tue Dec 04, 2001 10:30 am

This thing really would/or should've needed, some fixing and tweaking. the storyline i mean..

fortunately i went into the NC and decided that i wanna join that camp, before completing but few quests in the OC.
But still Lares doesn't mention at all that he wants something from the OC.

however, there is ONE hint at the NC which tells you that you should get something important from the OC and then deliver it to NC people(lares), one of the NPC mercenaries tell you that if you ask how to join and become a NC'er.
so there you go.
Post Tue Dec 04, 2001 11:09 pm

Update:
I was able to use the cheats to take control of Diego and make him drop the List, which I then took to Lares and joined NC. (even after completeing all available OC quests, which subsequently now show up as failed)

To Do This:
Bring up your character info screen, and type in marvin. Close the char info, look at Diego and hit O. That's a big o not a zero. Look at yourself and hit O again to go back. Oh, and make sure you don't try this while Diego is sitting on the ground.
Post Wed Dec 05, 2001 11:16 pm

PaulDenton
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I heard that you could switch from the Old Camp to the New Camp somewhere along the game.

Post Wed Dec 05, 2001 11:23 pm

Yep( Warning Spoiler )

Later in the game u join New camp anyway.
Post Thu Dec 06, 2001 2:20 am