Members
Usergroups
The thing I HATE about this game
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
FantomX

The thing I HATE about this game

I'm really annoyed that you can save any time you want, wherever you want. If you're about to make a big choice, try to flatter someone, fight monsters, or even steal something, all you have to do is save the game and load it again if you mess up. That REALLY takes away from the gameplay. I've personally only been saving my game in intervals of 30 minutes, and only loading it in the event of my death. I find that makes the experience much more enjoyable, and I go away feeling I did things legit.

But hey, that's just my two cents.

-FX-
Post Sat May 04, 2002 5:18 pm

Mephy

Hey, whats the prob? They dont FORCE you to save. If you want to play hardcore, dont save. If you want to take the easy way, save often. Its not that hard.
Post Sat May 04, 2002 5:20 pm

stealth
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I agree with Mephy. Don't use it if you feel it's wrong. Personally I think developers should have learned by now that not being able to save the game whenever people wants to is a mistake. Take games like Hitman and Aliens Vs. Predator that got hammered for not including a save option.
Post Sat May 04, 2002 5:26 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I hate games where you can not save everywhere you want. For example MDK, MDK2, I throw such games out of window.
Post Sat May 04, 2002 5:35 pm
Ravan Kerymeth
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yeah, while I see your point, I agree that its an easy solution: Don't save unless you want to. I'd much rather have the option there than be forced to complete a "chapter" or find a "save point" to save.
Post Sat May 04, 2002 5:43 pm
RyeDog
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

You brought up a good point though

Sorry you don't like the whole save game anywhere you like thing, but you did bring up a good point. Personally, i only save once about a half hour too. But it's a very fortunate thing to have especially in Morrowind.

For me it used to be "im saving in case i die", but for Morrowind (and i think others would agree) it's more like "im saving in case this thing dumps me to the desktop again".

Don't get me wrong, all i did was brag to my wife last night about how much work went into this game, and how i was in another world, hey, i even got my own little love cave!

But if Morrowind failed to incorporate an optional save anywhere, anytime feature, i would have been so angry, i would have returned the game.

Last edited by RyeDog on Sat May 04, 2002 5:51 pm; edited 5 times in total
Post Sat May 04, 2002 5:45 pm
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

Well, perhaps it detracts from the gaming experience for you, but I prefer to be able to save when/wherever I want to. If ppl don't like to do that (and I agree with you 100% that you should NOT do it) then they don't have to. I think this style of gameplay beats the hell out of only being able to save every town, or every so often, or some other crap like that.
Post Sat May 04, 2002 5:45 pm

Paradocs

Personally I make it a point not to save before I try to steal/persuade or kill someone. its not hard. save only in a inn, or only once every hour or so, WILL POWER BROTHER .
Post Sat May 04, 2002 5:48 pm

Saint_Proverbius
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Well, given the fact that you can't measure up a battle without having to actually go in an fight that battle, I think it's a damned good thing you can save often.
Post Sat May 04, 2002 5:55 pm
Bigpapa
Stranger from north
Stranger from north

I'm with iplaygames and Danicek, it pisses people off when there is no saving possibility, when ever player wants to save, so i consider it's good to have it in Morrowind (still waiting Morrowind here)
Post Sat May 04, 2002 5:58 pm