The Demo and Strength...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Sk'ar
Village Leader
Village Leader

The Demo and Strength...

Well hello. Tis' my first post. I am a huge fan of Gothic and a eager gamer awaiting the sequel. I have obtained the demo and a auto-translater speech translation and have been playing for several days now. I have one question, how do you train your strength with the shrines? I've heard that it is possible to pray at shrines and recieve mana, strength, etc... but how does it work? My donations do not seem to help. Do I need to pray when I have unused skill points? How much gold do I need to offer? I'm very frustrated with this and hope for an answer. Thanks in advance.
~Sk'ar
Post Wed Jan 01, 2003 5:09 am
TheCleric
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Praying for Strength

If you've looked through some of the other posts you may already have found the answers to your questions. But in case you haven't, your donation should be for $100.00.

You may get either a Strength Bonus or a Life Bonus, so if you want Strength it's a good idea to save before you pray, and reload if you get the Life Bonus instead. I've heard it only works once a day and that you can only get about 10 extra Strength points before it stops giving Strength.

Also, (although I haven't heard this mentioned by anyone else), the shrine wouldn't give me the Strength Bonus if I was wearing the ring you can find that boosts your Strength.

As a small side note; if you apprentice with the Blacksmith, he can also train your Strength up for exp. points. Hope this helps.
Post Wed Jan 01, 2003 6:07 am
Sk'ar
Village Leader
Village Leader

Thank you very much. I will go and try this now. I have been wearing the ring so that may be the problem. I know of the smith, I'm his apprentice. I just wanted a way to increase my strength without using my precious skill points. I'm at level 4 in the demo and finding it difficult to get enough experience. Well, thanks again!
~Sk'ar
Post Wed Jan 01, 2003 7:27 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

and u can also get mana points at the shrine
Post Wed Jan 01, 2003 3:57 pm
Srikandi
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Mana at the Innos shrine? Not in the demo, at least -- I prayed once every game day and never saw this. Got either Strength or Life for about ten days and then, just "thanks for the donation".
Post Thu Jan 02, 2003 12:50 am
RobKob
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

What you get at the shrines depends on what you are. For instance, as a mage you can get nothing but +4 mana at the shrines ( and of course full life/mana or just full mana ). And it sems you can get only eleven permanent increases.
Post Fri Jan 03, 2003 6:30 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Easiest way to train your strength is, without any doubt, to use your skillpoints by becoming the smiths' apprentice. He will teach you as much strength as you desire(up to 100) for free, as long as you are his apprentice, and have enough skillpoints.
Post Tue Jan 07, 2003 12:09 am
hwfanatic
Average Fanatic
Average Fanatic

quote:
Originally posted by Maylander
Easiest way to train your strength is, without any doubt, to use your skillpoints by becoming the smiths' apprentice. He will teach you as much strength as you desire(up to 100) for free, as long as you are his apprentice, and have enough skillpoints.

Is there anything special you have to do as a smith's apprentice?
Post Tue Jan 07, 2003 12:20 am
RobKob
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Hmm, perhaps it's different in the demo, but in my current game I am his apprentice, and he would train me only up to fifty strength.

Neither Harad nor Constantino nor Bosper require any duties from you.
Post Tue Jan 07, 2003 12:29 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Only duty you CAN do is make 2 swords for him, and he'll pay you 80 gold for it..

Only up to 50 you say? Hmm.. strange.. I'll have to do some "research" on this..
Post Tue Jan 07, 2003 1:50 am
Irf
High Emperor
High Emperor

I can;t seem to get a master (in the demo), i wanna be harad's apprentice, constantino has given approval, so has bospors (hunter). But i can't speak to Matteo about it (the option doesnt come up?) and therbon wants me to get blessing (dont think i can do this in the demo, if i'm wong pls tell me)
Post Wed Mar 19, 2003 11:41 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

Bosper is one nice moneyhole he pays very good for the wolfsfells etc
Post Thu Mar 20, 2003 5:33 pm
Irf
High Emperor
High Emperor

yes but i stll cant be an apprentice without matteo andthorbun's approval...
also I want to be harad's apprentice so he can train me in strength
Post Thu Mar 20, 2003 5:35 pm