We are represented by the game we play
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 3 General

Author Thread
Jazzy_s
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

We are represented by the game we play

Gothic is the best game ever it's a revolution in the game industry, it's a great plesure to play such a shedavre. I realy thank everyone who created this game, i respect everyone who understands the game and enjoyes every second of gameplay. We can see that this game is made with soul and passion, I realy admire the talent and hard work of those who made Gothic I, Gothic II, Gothic II(Night of Raven) and are working on Gothic III,
I wish them good luck, health and inspiration, to finish the greatest game of all games Gothic III.
I think that Gothic games may solve another problem, the piracy, for example i woldn't dear to buy a pirate version of Gothic i'm a true fan of the game and i understand that the money i give will help a lot the game. I realy hope that you all understand the importance of buying legal games, because the game you play represents you and I think you realy don't want the second part to be bad.
Post Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:46 pm
Ratavuk
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Yeah Yeah, Gothic is the best game out there. But it will have to improve nonetheless if it wants to crush the competition.

@ Jazzy_s

Do you come from a french speaking country ?
Post Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:18 pm
SlamDunk
Village Leader
Village Leader

Jazzy_s,

That is very well spoken. You said all the things that I feel too. I felt exactly the same the first time I played the demo back in 2001 and the full game just made my feelings stronger. I am very glad that we still have such great developers as the Piranhas in the world.
Post Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:53 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

I completely agree, the world has a feeling to it that no other game has. The people you talk to, the friends you get, it's unlike any other game I've ever played. I hope G3 will follow in G2s' footsteps and I really think it will - the people at PiranhaBytes are great.
Post Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:16 pm
Kamahl
King of Spam
King of Spam

i wil buy the original g because i know they need a refund for the things theyve done
die dunkle Seite zerstören, wir sollen
Post Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:36 pm
Jazzy_s
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

No competition at all

what competition I don't see any , morowind or what
Don't you like the sreens I think it will crush any competition
Post Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:06 pm
Jazzy_s
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I don't come from a french speaking country i'm from Romania
Post Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:12 pm
Jazzy_s
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Originally posted by Ratavuk
Yeah Yeah, Gothic is the best game out there. But it will have to improve nonetheless if it wants to crush the competition.

@ Jazzy_s

Do you come from a french speaking country ?

nope i'm from Romania
Post Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:15 pm
pink-hippo
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

quote:
Originally posted by Kamahl
i wil buy the original g because i know they need a refund for the things theyve done

"The original g", as in?

Jazzy_s: *points at the edit button* You are welcome. XD
Post Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:37 am
Kamahl
King of Spam
King of Spam

g stands for gothic that means ill buy the original gothic.Gothic 3 that is
die dunkle Seite zerstören, wir sollen
Post Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:00 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

I will be very upset if I don't have Gothic 3 English Version in my hands within the first hour of its release..
Post Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:44 pm
Grimmwulf
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I must admit I first downloaded a pirated version of Gothic. After completing it I hungered for more and purchased Gothic II. After playing through both games with all three classes, I was so impressed that I ordered the german versions of them, and also Der Nach Des Raben, from Germany. Now I've been playing through all the games about ten times or so enjoying myself while learning better German so I can fully enjoy Gothic III as soon as it is released without having to wait for the English version.

I was so refreshing playing Gothic II in the original language rather than in english, and not be annoyed at recognizing the Xardas voice actor speaking for 25% of the characters in the game. He has a great voice, but they were overusing him far too much.
Post Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:21 pm
Ratavuk
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

@ jazzy

Ah from Romania. Never been there before. But Romanian is still a latin language like french, right !

@ Grimmwulf

First, welcome to the forum !

quote:

I must admit I first downloaded a pirated version of Gothic

Bad bad boy, you

quote:

After playing through both games with all three classes, I was so impressed that I ordered the german versions of them, and also Der Nach Des Raben, from Germany

Yeah, after playing gothic for the first time, nothing is the same as before.

quote:

ow I've been playing through all the games about ten times or so enjoying myself while learning better German so I can fully enjoy Gothic III as soon as it is released

I think for G3 you won't need you german knowledges as english G3 will appear short after the german release.
Post Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:03 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Read an article once about how pirate copying didn't really threaten the gaming industry - people will still buy the games they find worth buying. Such as Gothic. I don't believe too many who have played G1-2 will download G3 as long as they can buy it instead. The games are simply too good. Whether or not someone buy/download the 25th add-on to The Sims however is none of my concern, hehe.
Post Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:36 pm
Roqua
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Maylander
Read an article once about how pirate copying didn't really threaten the gaming industry - people will still buy the games they find worth buying. Such as Gothic. I don't believe too many who have played G1-2 will download G3 as long as they can buy it instead. The games are simply too good. Whether or not someone buy/download the 25th add-on to The Sims however is none of my concern, hehe.

Stealing cars doesn't threaten the auto industry. Stealing children doesn't impact the lego industry. But stealing is bad, thats why it should be stopped. Video games are not a need, they are a want. I can perfetcly justify someone stealing food to feed themselves or their children, or anything in that vein. But steeling something just because you don't want to pay for it isn't really a good quality.

And saying it doesn't hurt the gaming industry is silly. The reasoning is that pirates were never going to pay for the game in the first place. Well, if they had to pay for the game the unit sales would go up, increasing the revenue of the company, giving them more working capital to invest in more products, giving us more games to play. So it is impossible that it doesn't hurt the industry. It hurts everyone that enjoys games and pays for games. That would be pirates and non-pirates alike.

Just think how great it would be if you didn't have to worry about copy protection.

What is pirating? Stealing. What is stealing? Taking that which does not belong to you. If it can be justified for anything beyond survival why be a hypocrite and just include certain things as okay to steal? Why is rape bad? Its taking something that doesn't belong to you. Why is identity theft bad? Same deal. Wrong is wrong. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

Gothic had a demo, if mr. pirate dl'ed the demo, found out he liked the game, and paid for it that would fall into the catagory of right. Stealing something falls into the catagory of wrong.

Stealing a want item just can't be justified and shouldn't be accepted in my opinion.
Post Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:29 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next