Anskram Keep (Danicek Help)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
Lord Puck
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Anskram Keep (Danicek Help)

Okay Danicek,I read your earlier post on how to get in this building,and I can't figure it out.I feel like an idiot ,I've been clicking on bricks for the last two nights,without any results.The only sound I keep hearing is the swooshing of my weapons .I see the chest but that is the only thing I can find back there.Please can anyone give me some more help?Thank you in advance.

Lord Puck
Post Thu Apr 25, 2002 3:19 am
Jamdakk
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

You've got to get the perception skill my friend!

Greetings Lord Puck! I am sure none of your character don't have that skill, otherwise, you would have found out a long time ago! When you reach the back of the keep (where you found the chest), go to the tower that is the closest to the hills and there just do not click on the wall, but hit them! I don't know how to tell you exactly where to aim your blows, but try to move around if it helps. As soon as you got the right spot, you'll have figured it out by yoursefl my friend!
Hope that helped you!
Post Thu Apr 25, 2002 4:31 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

And did you find that little bit different (little bit more inside) brick?
Post Thu Apr 25, 2002 6:34 am

Weli,I finally made it in.Thank you for all the help It is greatly appreciated.

Lord Puck
Post Fri Apr 26, 2002 4:09 am

Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

You are welcome. And where was mistake?
Post Fri Apr 26, 2002 6:06 am
Lord Puck
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I'm sorry Danicek,what do you mean by mistake?

Lord Puck
Post Fri Apr 26, 2002 12:05 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I mean: what was wrong that you was not able to get into Anskram Keep before?
Post Fri Apr 26, 2002 12:54 pm
Lord Puck
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I'm not sure Danicek.I finally found it shooting my bow,and not with a melee weapon.Anyways I got in,and thank you for the help.

Lord Puck
Post Fri Apr 26, 2002 11:34 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Hehe, I didnt know that it is possible to break walls with bow, but... You are surely strong bowman.
Post Sat Apr 27, 2002 5:59 am
Gig
Southern Spirit
Southern Spirit

I used my bow too!

If you don't have perception, you'll set off a lot of traps in the keep.
''Perhaps I'm old and tired but I always think that the chances of finding out what really is going on are so absurdly remote that the only thing to do is to say hang the sense of it and just keep yourself occupied. Look at me: I design coastlines. I got an award for Norway.''--Slartibartfast
Post Mon Apr 29, 2002 2:28 pm
mm9newbie
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Can't open the door in the middle

I've cleared the rooms to the left and the right on the Anskram Keep but cant get in to the middle.

I read from a previous post somewhere that there are two switches on the left and right room, unfortunately, I can't find it. I've clicked all over the fireplace (where the imps come out) but nothing happened. I also clicked on the button to the wall on the right but still the door didn't open. is this the bug that was being referred to?

Thanks! all help appreciated
Post Tue Apr 30, 2002 1:32 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

When you will be near that big closed doot there are on the left and on th right small holes in the wall (we can call it windows). These both leads to rooms with switches (levers).
Access to them is not hiden or something. Just take first door to the left or to the right (when you will go away from this closed doors). On the cross turn right if you went to right and left if you went to left. At the end of passage again turn to same site and soon you will arive to this door from second side.
If you will not be able to find it, just consult map. It is very useful here and you will find it.
You must use this levers in right combination or better to say the right one, but you will know how to do it, it is not difficult.
Post Tue Apr 30, 2002 5:39 am
mm9newbie
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

follow-up question

how do I get inside these "windows"? croutch then just move
Post Tue Apr 30, 2002 6:49 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

As I said.
When you will be in front this closed door, go back. Take first door to left (right). At the end of corridor turn again left (right). At the end once more turn left (right). Go trough several doors and you will arive to this windows from other side.
Post Tue Apr 30, 2002 7:19 am
Guest Dare

You should REALLY seriously think about getting perception skill for at least one of your characters. Especially if you are a true MM newbie and have never played this series before.
Perception will put a nice colorful outline around ALL doors, hidden switches, traps, and hidden things like that wall.
With perception skill of like 1 the bricks in that wall are bright red and you couldn't miss it if you tried.
Perception also HIGHLY influences how much and what kind of treasures you get from chests and the like!!!! The higher your perception skills the more/better treasure you will find! There are some very rewarding chests in the game that have very nasty traps, perception not only helps you avoid the damage the trap does if you failed to disarm it but without the skill you may only find 1 or 2 items inside when there could have been 20!!!
Post Thu May 09, 2002 10:50 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next