---Deleted b/c it's the same as Ragnar's post at an earlier date---
once again, apologies to Ragnar

--Dys--

Last edited by Dysguised22 on Tue Jul 22, 2003 5:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Tue Jul 22, 2003 12:41 am
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

It is possible to do your own voice recording and easy to use a Sound Editor to smooth out the voice. I use to play around with Modding sounds in games. Everyone with a fast cable connection can now transfer these MEG files quickly. I can do my own voice, modify it; then insert it in place in the game. Not hard at all. We need peoples male and females voices for help. The file is sitting there in DATA folder. I would not do all of them size of file would be huge, select the most annoying ones. Like the redneck voices and obvious bad imitations...Not all the voices are bad though...just a really few bad ones.

BUT GameSpot.com says that Atari is redoing the whole voice over acting and bug fixes. US version only will get the new voice overs? Gamespot article claims this why for the delay to release. SH*t and I already have a UK copy (at a good price).

Can anyone confirm this? is GameSpot full of it? Excuse for the delay? I do not want to waste time if this is going to happen for real.
Post Tue Jul 22, 2003 12:57 am
Dysguised22
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

...I ask that we keep this from straying if possible. ...it's really a strung out yes or no question and maybe a little advice for all that read this post.

"Would you be willing to lend your voice and a little of your time, for free mind you, to PB for them to use in the gothic world?"

--Dys--
Post Tue Jul 22, 2003 1:01 am
Irf
High Emperor
High Emperor

Yeh sure thing, i'd do it for free! (well, some money towards travel expenses, which i'm sure would be much less than hiring professional actors) But can you imagine how many .wav files the pirhanas would have to get through? I'm quiet sure alot of people would volunteer!
Post Tue Jul 22, 2003 1:30 am
Shmaugus
High Emperor
High Emperor

irf there would be basically no traveling involved all you would need is a microphone that you can hook up to your comp, and most come with the computer these days and if the dont then they arent really all the expensive

id do it
Post Tue Jul 22, 2003 2:32 am
Dysguised22
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

let's set travel aside and all you have to do is record a sentence or two...maybe a paragraph a few times and send it into a specific e-mail address. ...no money at all. ...would anyone else be excited to do it?

--Dys--
Post Tue Jul 22, 2003 3:24 am
Shmaugus
High Emperor
High Emperor

give the topic a day or 2, since there have been topics about this before most people might not care about it anymore
Post Tue Jul 22, 2003 3:27 am
Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: Hey PB ...we'll help

quote:
Originally posted by Dysguised22
So many of us think that 14 or so voice actors just isn't enuff, correct? So here's a question, does anyone think it's possible to get a different voice for almost, if not every character in the game? ...even the unnamed ones? (i'll let you all sit back and think "there just ain't no way, even in a snowy hell, could that be possible" but keep an open mind here a second). As any reader can see, just from RPGdot alone, this game has a following. ...of course with better publicity, it could have a cult following but that's a different sub altogther. ...what i'm getting at here is simply for gothic 3 (if indeed happens) and maybe the expansion, i think that you could have an almost limitless number of VOLUNTEERS for voice-overs. I myself would be more than willing to send in WAV samples of a few sentences or so for you guys at PB to use. ...of course it's a lot to compile it all but hey, it's better than having people from all over the west side of europe and ppl in the US banging on your door for a year. ...so just to see if this is a good idea or not...and maybe something that PB and maybe even Atari should consider, would anyone else...regardless of where you live, what your accent is, and how well you can control/manipulate your voice, volunteer their vocal chords and a little of their time for free for PB to use in the gothic world? I'll be the first to say I wouldn't have to think twice and i'm here if you ever want me!

--Dys--

Nothing like copying my idea and calling it your own...

Sylvio
Post Tue Jul 22, 2003 4:58 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

good idea indeed but we need something more than a email cos email is not allowing long files someone hosts some kind of FTP up and we put all wavs in there
Post Tue Jul 22, 2003 10:49 am
Shmaugus
High Emperor
High Emperor

now ragnar let it be we all know that you came up with it first but it got scrolled down the page to fast for anyone to catch it
Post Thu Jul 24, 2003 4:38 am