My Honest First Impressions :-(
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
The Avenging Stink
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

My Honest First Impressions :-(

Well i bought the game yesterday, it was a pain in the ass driving home becase i kept wanting to look at the box. 2-4 after i get home i install it..... i had some stuff to do, game me an error from cd....tried again...WORKED!
Tried runnin the game, had to change my damn thing to true coler 32bit.
Okay all is good! get in game....cutscenes were really choppy as well as the game...... I have an AMD 1000Mhz Processor with some newer ATI card... Not a Radeon 8500. Ok a little pissed, well not too. I turn down the settings it gets a little better. Ok so im happy again. Get in the game....... play it for a few minutes Rather dissapointed i must say . Then again i really hadnt done anything. I go around and try killing a few npc's... i got my ass kiked , so i went around talking to npc's ( i really hope the topics that come up here dont stay forever because there is a real long list of topics now. Still not having fun.... so i got a few quests so i decide to start doing them........... Ok now im having fun, I have so far been a Nice person to everyone... im an imperial and im a warrior......Very good game though i do hope it gets better...i hope any game gets better
1:(Graphics)- with my low end system they are good but not great, i did turn up everything once and WOW!
2:(Interface)-Takes a little gettign used to but once you do.
3:(Menus)-Give the game the classic RPG feel
4:(Sound)-Very good! music is great. So is the speech
5:(Combat)-I suck at it but very unique and good
6:(Quests)-Just great
(AND YOU THOUGHT THIS POST WAS AGAINST THE GAME)
(HA!)
Talk to you later Jordan
Post Fri May 03, 2002 12:52 pm

quote:
5:(Combat)-I suck at it but very unique and good

I was having problems getting the hang of the combat too and found the "Always Use Best Attack" setting under Options->Prefs. This forces you to always use the style of attack that has the highest damage numbers for the weapon (i.e. thrust for longsword). That change improved my combat greatly and maybe one of these days I'll spend some time practicing all the movement stuff to be able to fully utilize my weapons
Post Fri May 03, 2002 1:58 pm

The Avenging Stink
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

yea

I just plain suck at it
Talk to you later
Jordan
Post Fri May 03, 2002 3:13 pm
Quasimo

I was wondering...

Did you mean to put a frown in your subject line? Your review was good, thanks.
Post Fri May 03, 2002 5:24 pm