Usergroups
Dawn of the Dead 2004 - 2 thumbs up!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Books & Movies

Author Thread
piln
High Emperor
High Emperor

Hmm, I'll await news of the new "Day..." with some trepidation... I have a real soft spot for the original, but am aware of its many faults too - perfect for a remake! I think it has the potential for a really superb film, but I'm not sure this new crew sounds like they will acheive it. And what the devil is "Contagium" supposed to mean?

[edit]stoopid old piln strikes again!:

con·ta·gium ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kn-tjm)
n. pl. con·ta·gia (-j)
The causative agent of a communicable disease; contagion.

Thanks, dictionary.com!
[/edit]

Saw the original again on TV recently, and (even though I've seen it before) I was shocked by those scenes of the last few military dudes getting their come-uppances! Gruesome!
Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:30 pm
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

From the trailer that I saw, doesnt look like "Contagium" is a remake, but a sequel of some sort.

Of the Romero trilogy, I think "Day Of The Dead" had the best characters by far. Rhodes is classic totalitarian nut, and Rickles and Steel are downright hilarious. What a bunch of complete jerks, barely if any redeeming qualities whatsoever! That's what I like, characters that are just great to hate. And they sure get their due in the end for sure, tho Steel got off somewhat light with a self-inflicted gunshot. Bub is a zombie legend, nuff said. And "Doc Frankenstein"(Logan) is one of my fave chars of all time, his zany antics and his relationship with "Bub" the zombie is truly touching and heartwarming...

Truly a great film, I suggest picking up the 2-disc DVD set. Tons of extras, booklet looks like Logan's lab notebook, scribbled writing and grisly doodles. Under 20 bucks here
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:31 pm
piln
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by xSamhainx
Truly a great film, I suggest picking up the 2-disc DVD set. Tons of extras, booklet looks like Logan's lab notebook, scribbled writing and grisly doodles. Under 20 bucks here

Ah - that sounds good. I'll have a look for that. And just when I was promising myself to curb my spending on DVDs, oh well...
Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:46 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2