Keep getting "caught" when sneaking thru door in C
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Majik
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Keep getting "caught" when sneaking thru door in C

I believe it was gomez room. Its the castle being besieged by orcs in the Valley of mines. I enter the building with the paladins in it, and go Upstairs and thru the door on the right. Thru that door there is a treasure chest that has a couple rings in it (and it triggers a skeleton).

But what I dont understand is no matter what time of the night I try sneaking thru that door the guards from DOWNSTAIRS draw swords and come looking for me!!! What gives? this is the only room so far that has done this when Im sneaking already...
Post Sun Jul 20, 2003 5:25 am
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

Sounds like a minor bug to me... Why would you need to sneak in there? (Do the paladins attack you because your a Mercenary?) If they are going after you while sneaking up there, I think it's safe to assume there is a bug enabling them to see you in that room. If they are already your enemies, then I don't see the harm in looting the chest and making a run for it. If you have runes just get one ready and port out of there to safety.
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Sun Jul 20, 2003 10:36 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

heheh thats a little bug u dosent need to sneak cos if u sneak then those guards will see u somehow and get suspicious and later after u cracking the chest they come upstairs just go and crack the chest dont sneak they will allowe it
Post Sun Jul 20, 2003 10:41 pm
Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

You know…I never tried to just walk into the rooms upstairs in the castle…good one. But it doesn’t make sense that they would hear you if you were sneaking.

Sylvio
Post Sun Jul 20, 2003 11:48 pm
Majik
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Just walk on in eh? Well Im currently out in the wilderness trying to find the soldiers that have the crates of ore from the Northernmost Mine site (and having a heck of a time tracking them since they apparently decided to wander back to the castle before I arrived), but when I return to the castle to report on the ore supply I will make another attempt at it! I never did try to just walk in.. What a weird bug. LOL

Oh, and I am a Mercenary too.....but not yet an enemy to the paladins. SO FAR.
Post Mon Jul 21, 2003 5:40 am
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

I don't tihnk its a bug. If you are a Mercenary, the castle guards will get suspicious if you are caught trying to enter the upper rooms. When I played as a Paladin or a Mage, I could enter the rooms without any problems. Its just faction relationships being played out.
Post Mon Jul 21, 2003 2:00 pm
kugraw
City Guard
City Guard

I think it is a feature and not a bug. If you would be a guard would you get suspicous and watch someone more closely if he walks in confidently or if he tries to sneak in?

Kay
Post Mon Jul 21, 2003 2:33 pm
Bartacus
Il Buono
Il Buono

elkston :
quote:
I don't think it's a bug. If you are a Mercenary, the castle guards will get suspicious if you are caught trying to enter the upper rooms. When I played as a Paladin or a Mage, I could enter the rooms without any problems. Its just faction relationships being played out.

That 's the truth.
NFG member
Post Mon Jul 21, 2003 6:27 pm