Doubt anyone here has a clue but I'll give it a shot anyways
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Absolutely Off Topic

Author Thread
MC_Renzy
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Doubt anyone here has a clue but I'll give it a shot anyways

I've been lately having problems with my LG 4x DVD writer(6 months old) Three days ago I burnt my 30th DVD disc -r with 6 compressed avi movies with no errors. Only that I can't read the movies with my Toshiba 12x DVD drive for the first time. That drive can read all the other 29 discs I made up in the course of 6 months. The LG burner can read the latest disc fine though. Today, I burnt my 31st movies disc with again no errors. But now neither drive can read it. The Toshiba continues to search for data and the LG just makes it appear as theres no disc in the drive. Now heres the weird part, I started windows98 on my second hard drive and there my Toshiba cant read it but the LG can with no problems. By the way, my first hard drive is running Windows XP Pro. So anyone know what the hell is going on? I also tried using Windows XP command prompt but the LG still sees it as an empty drive. I can only watch and copy and paste these movies in Windows 98. It just doesn't make sense.

Edit

The title of this thread wasn't meant to insult any one's intelligence. I just have serious doubts that anyone can figure this out. Was just hoping for the slight chance that someone has experienced that same thing as me and actually solved it. I myself am A+ certified and I haven't the faintest idea. I do greatly appreciate any input though.
Post Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:02 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

You´re right, this doesn´t make sense.

Do you have enough free space on a partition to make a clean XP install? Did you check for firmware updates for the LG?
Post Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:50 pm
MC_Renzy
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

This drive is driving me insane. Just updated the firmware against my better judgement to see if it helps and now I can't burn past the 50 - 75% mark on a 4gig burn. Returned it seeing as I had a two months left on the year warranty. Hopefully they don't have my old model and I end up with a duel layer burner instead. Anyone with an LG 4018b dvd burner, Do Not Update Firmware. Many people before me ended up with the same results.
Post Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:03 pm