Members
Usergroups
Enchant Item question...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
SandTiger

Enchant Item question...

Ok... ive got a level 50? enchant level.. i still cant seem to enchant crap.. its save.. then try.. fail.. and reload. repeat untill sucess.. heh.

I read that you can have a constant enchant effect.. how? i see only options for touch,target,self and activate for use or hit.

How do i enchant an item with a CONSTANT regen of health? or regen of magika? or are those items you have to find.
Post Fri May 10, 2002 9:21 am

Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

Don't expect to be able to achieve this in the coming weeks. A skill of 50 is nothing that's really impressive

Morrowind is a SLOW game. Thanks God.
Post Fri May 10, 2002 10:49 am
SandTiger

Ok.. this is just insane. I now have a skill of 100 enchant.. cant get that puppy any higher now.

How you ask? Easy.. go get rechargable soul gem.. soul suck everything you see.. and when you do recharge an item. works fastest. Also.. find the master trainer.. only he costs an arm and a leg.. So.. fire up the editor.. put in some grand duke of something who likes to collect artifacts.. and sell him a weapon or two.. and when you do.. let me know so i can have that mod.

Anyway... ENCHANT SUCKS. I still fail when i try to create a amulet that does 12 points of health regen over a 200second time period.

But my bigest grip.. can somebody tell me how to enchant a constant effect.. I have a helmet that has a CONSTANT +40 fortify endurance and agility... but it was a quest item.. how in the world.. do i create an item like that..... grrrr. i have an enchant skill of 100.
Post Sat May 11, 2002 8:07 am

Elron
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Your skill has nothing to do with being able to do a constant effect enchant. In able to do a constant effect enchant you must trap a very powerful soul in a high value soul gem.
Post Sat May 11, 2002 3:36 pm
SandTiger

quote:
Originally posted by Elron
Your skill has nothing to do with being able to do a constant effect enchant. In able to do a constant effect enchant you must trap a very powerful soul in a high value soul gem.

* Slight spoiler below?

Hrm.. i do.. i have the most valuable soul gem in the game... at least i think so.. the quest one.. the something or other star.. its reusable. And I have a golden saint soul trapped in it.. the highest soul value that i know of.. And yet. i see no option anywhere to make a constant effect item..

Has anybody here Actually done this? If so ... PLEASE tell me how
Post Sun May 12, 2002 12:03 am

Zaal
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Extending this question, slightly, but it seems like a good thread to add this type of question to:

Does each soul gem have a max value? I got the soul trap spell on a greater bonewalker, had the little white halo surrounding it, and whacked it within 15 seconds. I look through my inventory but none of my soul gems have been filled. They were petty and lesser soul gems so maybe they didn't have enough space?

Anyone have any info.

Zaal
Post Sun May 12, 2002 12:40 am
SandTiger

Ok.. i figured it out.. i had the right stuff.. it just wasnt working.. when i went back to try it again.. no problemo.. except for the fact that it doesnt matter what skill you are.. YOU SUCK! heh. its good for 1 thing ive found so far.. an constant levitate effect.. and then.. its at a super super super super low level.. cause evidently having a skill of 100 enchant aint good enough. i guess it doesnt matter.. my character is godlike now anyway.. hes got 3 daedric quest items.. and a cloak that gives +15 regen to health and fatigue.. screw walking on water. My dude walks on lava.

Reguarding your questions Zaal..

Yes .. your not going to be able to trap a creature with a large soul.. say a greater bonewalker.. in a low quality small soul gem.

FYI... NPC's dont have souls.. i cant target them for soul suck. And vampires DO have souls.. now.. i dont how large.. curious to find out.. but.. i think the developers switched some code or something accidently..
Post Sun May 12, 2002 9:35 am

Wabbit

to the gentleman with the question regarding trapping the bonewalker:

I've trapped some "soul" energy in some gems, and it sounds like you have the right plan. The problem is I'm pretty sure Bonewalkers, Ghosts, and machines do not have any energy to trap, that's why your gems were not getting charged.

The other target that will not trap is NPCs

To the gentleman that posted directly before me:
I agree about Enchant having very definite limits. Even with the most powerful charged gem, there is only so much you can do - I was looking at creating an item that boosted Strength, Speed, and Agility 30 points for 30 seconds or something, and the most powerful gem I had access to was nowhere close. The Enchant skill can make your life a lot easier, but it does not solve every problem in the game or make your character "a god" or "all powerful" as some have tried to state.

And this is completely ignoring the fact that essentially one is cheating by saving and reloading each time a gem is destroyed. I'm not saying I haven't done it, but that practice in itself makes Enchanting considerably more powerful than it really is, since by enchanting an item you are essentially trading failure in the lab with expensive materials with the mage's failure in the field casting the spell manually. The equivalent to an enchanter saving and reloading before making every gem is an illusionist saving and reloading before casting each spell, or a fighter reloading after every missed swing. (not that we all haven't done that too I'm sure).
Post Sun May 12, 2002 10:38 am

GeminiDragon
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

RE: Trapping BoneWalkers

Umm, beg your pardon Wabbit but BoneWalkers do have souls, you need a common soulgem to trap them. I just trapped like 3 over the weekend at a Shrine near the island with all the Farmhouses.

I haven't tried the capture any ghosts, but that's an idea.

I've got two Golden Saints, but have yet to encounter an Ascended Sleeper.

The only enchanment I've successfully done was a low level restore fatigue in a common amulet.

Currently saving up for better enchantments.

Cheers!
Post Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:04 pm