RPGDot Network    

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords (Xbox)
Display full image
Pic of the moment
More
pics from the gallery

Site Navigation

Main
   News
   Forums

Games
   Games Database
   Top 100
   Release List
   Support Files

Features
   Reviews
   Previews
   Interviews
   Editorials
   Diaries
   Misc

Download
   Gallery
   Music
   Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
SP and NPC , more ramblings
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
sealight4
City Guard
City Guard

No Alchemy! I should really plan my parties. My battles are short and XP is also low since my fighters kill quickly. without mixing for profit this party is lacking, maybe a Ranger NPC can help. Serves me right, poor but mighty in melee.must rethink.
Post Sat Nov 16, 2002 11:02 pm
otter
One of Us

Well, it's actually the party average that triggers those level things, i know this from my parties with dead L1 members. I only had access to 3 saves from W-7, and the only way to play a smaller party was to kill one or two. This got ridiculous at a certain merchant...
If you want, there is a Ranger RPC available, and you can get her to mix the good stuff with a little practise casting, here's a Skill-building spoiler:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
To help your skill get to 15, cast in combat: Itch, Sleep, and Acid Splash.
As soon as you get to Alc 15, mix Lt + Mod Heal. you can get these 15 each per game day at Braffit in Arnika. Since you have forever to finish the game, it doesn't matter that you sleep all the time. And, if you have an Alchemist, all those free potions are nice. Once you get to Alc 30, (and Caster level 5, or Hybrid level 9) you can read the Book of Knocks, bought from Anna, also in Arnika.
If you cast Knock-Knock repeatedly on the vault door (guess what--also in Arnika), until you have Alc 50, you can mix CLC + Hv. Heal, and the resulting Cure Disease with another Hv. Heal. (all of which Braffit has). You can stay down in the vault for a few weeks casting, and Braffit will have collected a number of C.D's and CLC's. You can also buy quite a few Cures at other merchants, but many only have half of each recipe.
Doing this you can avoid wasting XP on a RPC (Sparkle, at the Umpani recruiter's office).
Arnika Road: Enter the zone at L5 and then take any levels you might have saved--then don't camp until you get out. The next time it's anywhere close to even is L11.
Post Sun Nov 17, 2002 1:02 am
sealight4
City Guard
City Guard

Thanks Otter, but I'm not clear on some things like Will your method work without Sparkle? There is a way to mix without having Alchemy? sorry I'm a little fuzzy tonight. I'd hate to abandon my party, without mixing potions They're dooomed to a life of poverty. Ebony Heaumes for all, er..leather caps till the order comes in. What would you? do with this party? I need another Knudge, confusion reigns supreme. I'm thinking blurry tonight, I could bludgeon my way thru I suppose but I like mixing and spending.
Post Sun Nov 17, 2002 6:24 am
otter
One of Us

An Aclhemist, Bishop, Ranger or Ninja can mix potions (takes a few levels longer for the latter 2). If you can't switch one of your chars to any of these, you can recruit Sparkle.
I think Ebony Heaumes are a waste of money. Save up for the Infinity Helm.
Post Sun Nov 17, 2002 7:56 am
sealight4
City Guard
City Guard

I'll stay with this group but later on I'll have to pay attentioncause fighters get hexed and spelled quickly from majig casters. right now they are destroying anything that gets close and their bow skill is being boosted for the nice bows later. Sparkle will be my next best friend even though I swore that no xtra pc's this time. And the priest is staying so no chara change unless the casters' cream me later on. Int is the one for magic resistance IIRC. My roleplaying Jones is being rich! Looking forward to the third ending! Thanks for the advice, this game is even better the third time!
Post Sun Nov 17, 2002 4:35 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

quote:
Originally posted by sealight4
Int is the one for magic resistance IIRC.
That would be willpower, not intelligence.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Sun Nov 17, 2002 4:47 pm
otter
One of Us

That'd actually be: Build Piety to 100 to get Iron Will to resist enemy magic.
Post Sun Nov 17, 2002 9:35 pm
sealight4
City Guard
City Guard

Bye Vi

I lost vi . she's gone to the corrupt save files where ever they are. Previous posts say sometimes this happens. I'm too far along to restart, no matter.
Post Mon Nov 25, 2002 3:19 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2