Paladin Armor Mod?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
SlitherSly
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Paladin Armor Mod?

Hello, I've treid searching for any references to a mod that allows the paladin helmet to be closed but have had no luck. Does anyone know if this exists?
Post Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:15 pm
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

Re: Paladin Armor Mod?

It's propably made by a gothic fan and you heared about it.I don't think you can fnd it anywhere on the net.
Post Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:18 pm
DA UNDERTAKER
souls will cry
souls will cry

Re: Paladin Armor Mod?

quote:
Originally posted by patriot
It's propably made by a gothic fan and you heared about it.I don't think you can fnd it anywhere on the net.

patriot is right
or it is just another rumour
Post Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:23 pm
SlitherSly
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Well that is disappointing. The Paladin armor looks badass as it is but it would great if you could close it at will . . . or at least have it closed at all times. That's strange that no one has made a mod for it yet since I've seen a mod that changes the Paladin armor's texture to that of the Shadow Warrior's version. Also, there are a few places where you can see displays of Paladin Armor with visors closed in the game. Anyways I think that would be great. Currently I'm playing through a 3rd time. This game for me is second only to BG2.
Post Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:31 am
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Hey there SlitherSly,

There is no mod as such, but it is possible if you are prepared to do some "manipulation" of the files. In the past i did much "messing about" with the files and know that what you are asking for is possible. There is a seperate mesh file for the visor only, which is part of the "whole helmet" there is no reason at all why it cannot be "split" - - - if you can remove, or insert an an invisible (transparent) pane into the compiled animation file. My other pc (for games) is not fully set up at the moment, but if you get stuck, or are "seriously" intent on doing this, i could maybe have a try, let me know if you need further help.
Post Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:00 am
SlitherSly
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Well ok thanks for the advice. I'll see what I can learn after I get home today.

Well. I just learned that I don't even know how to open up the packets.
Post Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:07 pm
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Actually the armor worn by Shadow Warriors is a separate armor, and with cheat codes, it can be inserted into the game and can be used also by player. It's pretty good in standard G2 as armor, but in G2+add-on, standard paladin armor is better then that one.
Post Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:30 pm