Sun aloe and shadow warriors questions.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Egin
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Sun aloe and shadow warriors questions.

Will I need this alow later for any reason like making permanent stats increase potions? Should I buy it back from Sigita?

I have found the cave with 3 skeletons and 2 shadow warriors guarding some cool glowing sword. I killed skeletons, it was hard (I am lvl 11 melee militia in chap. 1). Those nasty shadow warriors are killing me all the time. What are they guarding? Is it 1h or 2h sword and what lvl should I be to ba able to kill those shadow warriors?

Thanks in advance.
Post Sun Jul 06, 2003 11:39 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

They are guarding something very nice, but at your level you probably aren't powerful enough to even use it. The shadow warriros are tough. Best to come back in Chapter 3 or later.
Post Sun Jul 06, 2003 11:41 pm
mythicdude
City Guard
City Guard

they are guarding dragon slicer- 80 damage-80 strenght
Post Sun Jul 06, 2003 11:45 pm
Egin
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Dragon slicer! Sounds mighty and cool, but is it 1h or 2h ? I spec. in 1h weapons, hopefully I can use it when I am strong enough to kill those warriors.

When is the last time to respec. from 1h into 2h? I have 50% 1h and 30% 2h at the moment. Donno which sword is better. Less dmg but higher speed or slower, but deadlier. huh.
Post Sun Jul 06, 2003 11:52 pm
Irf
High Emperor
High Emperor

best sword I've seen so far, 1H, orc slayer, 65 dam. 2H, heavy ore dragon slayer, 110 dam. (dragon hunters only) to put things into perpective, at the end of the game i was 50% in 1H and 60% in 2H, I'd suggest switching to 2H in chapter 4.
Post Mon Jul 07, 2003 12:15 am
liquid
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

its 2h and you can beat them get only one out at one time move slow towards them and stay right the first will come towards you then ran out he will follow you after you killed him kill the other one

give it a try if you have the 1h sword from the pyramid and about 70 Str you can kill them

you need the sun aloe later for a quest

"In darkness we are born, in darkness we will die."

"Piranhas are watching you. Piranhas are crunching your boots. Well, swim home to mommy!"
Post Mon Jul 07, 2003 12:16 am
Egin
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Hmm, but isn't 60% spec. too low? I have heard that you will get new styles at 70%. I would like to raise to 100% mastery. Why not 1h ? Is the speed late not good enough to be ballanced with 2h damage?
Post Mon Jul 07, 2003 12:20 am
liquid
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

you will get 100% only if yo trained to 90%

2H:
as paladin you will learn it from lord hagen
as dragonhunter from lee

1H:
only in chapter 4 from a dragon hunter in the old world forget his name but they are standing there if you enter the worl

and no 60% arent to low to kill shadow warriors

i killed them with 60% 1H 70 Str and the sword i mentioned

"Piranhas are watching you. Piranhas are crunching your boots. Well, swim home to mommy!"
Post Mon Jul 07, 2003 12:39 am
hellsp4wn
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

i killed those shadowarriors playing chap 1 because that sword really rocks ... pick one at a time and defend their atacks first then hit them .. it will take some time but its worthwhile ...
take the sun aloe to saggita so she will teach you how to brew potions, she can teach you elixir of dextery , she lives on a cave behind the sekobs farm ..
Post Mon Jul 07, 2003 12:44 am
hellsp4wn
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

sorry .. forgot to mention that if you need strenght to carry the dragon slicer (80 strenght) you can get an amulet of 15 strenght in the thieves guild, kill jester and get his key, go to that door in the serwers and open the chest with a picklock (huge combination ..)
i was a thief already when i killed him and cassia didnt do anything about it
Post Mon Jul 07, 2003 12:49 am
liquid
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

yeah but thats also a quest from jesper to open that chest chapter 3 or 4

Post Mon Jul 07, 2003 12:58 am
Egin
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Interesting, I'll try again to kill those shadow warriors. But, still my question left without answer.

Sun aloe: Yes, I have given it to Sigita and completed her quest. But, I wanted to know if I need sun aloe later in the game as ingredient to one of the permanent potions or paladin runes or whatever. Should I buy it back from Sigitta? The cost is 500gp.

What are the pyramids you mentioned? Where? I have found some sort of inca pyramid with lots of critters around it (fire lizards, troll, rats, etc). On the top of this pyramid in the small chest I have found orc slayer 1h sword. Is it the sword and the pyramid you mentioned?

Btw., I have that amulet of str. from Jester's chest. I also have some +str ring, but I have forgot where have I found it.

Damn, the more I play the more I hesitate whether to continue speccing in 1h (now 50%) or swich to 2h (now have 30%). You say that later in the game there will be nobody willing to teach me 1h? Really?

I have asked about latest point to respec. I mean if you train 100% 1h, where will be 2h? at 70?
I know that you spend 5lp on 2h when training 1h from 30 to 50%, right? Is there another lvl where you will be forced to train 2h when training 1h?
I remember someone posted that you will be forced to learn 2h again learning 1h from 70 to 100%. Pls. confirm is it correct?
Then having 100% in one skill you will by all means have 60% in another. In this case I can easily learn 1h till 60% and start investing into 2h and still get 100% mastery in it?

I am sorry for such a long and maybe tricky post.
Post Mon Jul 07, 2003 9:53 am
DeathBringer
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Where is this cave?
Post Mon Jul 07, 2003 9:57 am
Egin
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

If I am not mistaken it's somewhere not very far from bleck Troll.
Go left and you will see the hunter. Go further and there will be cave somewhere. I'll try to find you more exact location.
Post Mon Jul 07, 2003 10:03 am
hellsp4wn
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

the cave with the dragon slicer sword is located between the black troll and the circle of the sun ... coming from the black troll you will meet a hunter called Grimbald, turn right and take the path leading to the circle of sun .. the cave is located along this path to your right behind some trees ... its easy to find .. there are some skeletons and 2 shadow warriors ... have fun
Post Tue Jul 08, 2003 12:09 am