Gothic 2: More News On Polish Release
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Moriendor
Black Ring Leader
Black Ring Leader

Gothic 2: More News On Polish Release

Thanks again to Radek (who let us know a little while back that 'Gothic II: Night of the Raven' was scheduled to hit retail in Poland on January 20 - <a href="http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php?hsaction=10077&newsid=35325">story</a>) for making us aware that CD Projekt, the Polish publisher of 'Night of the Raven', have posted an <a href="http://www.cdprojekt.info/komentarze.asp?action=ShowAll&nid=8529" target="_blank">update</a> at their site saying (this is Radek's translation)...<blockquote><em>Gothic II: Night of the Raven - premiere in a week! <br> <br>Gothic 2: Night of the Raven , 13 January 2005, 12:42 <br> <br>With utmost satisfaction we would like to inform that long expected game Gothic II: Night of the Raven will hit the stores in a week, on 20 January. For all that desire to adventure in fantastic world of Khorinis we`ve prepared nice surprise - game soundtrack! <br> <br>Night of the Raven is first official add-on for one of the best cRPG - Gothic II. It will enrich standard version adding new story lines, new NPCs, monsters, locations, inventory, spells and much more! Night of the Raven demands standard Gothic II to be installed. Game will be published in full polish language version and will cost 59,90 PLN."</em></blockquote> <br> <br>CD Projekt is also accepting pre-orders so it looks like it's really gonna happen this time. Let's hope that other international versions (especially the English one) will follow. <br> <br>Thanks again, Radek!
Post Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:38 pm
rasmuslarsen
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Okay...

How lame is that? Why the polish version?! This makes no sense at all. I cannot believe this, it is ridiculous. Why a polish version? They might as well have released an Asian version or an Indian version.
How about the English version? I am of the conviction that polish people understand English as well as others do.
This is outrageous, really!

If we take this further why not talk about economy. There is no logical point in releasing the polish version. The game could have big success on the international scene when published in English. I am convinced that it would be a wiser choice.

Please tell me why. I cannot understand this.
Post Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:48 pm

Because the Polish publisher is cool, and the English one isn't. That's why.
Post Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:58 pm

I think the US should retaliate and not release Elder Scrolls 4 in Europe.
Post Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:55 pm

Russian version Gothic 2: Night of the Raven also coming soon...
Post Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:32 am

Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Finally some words from our beloved Jowood:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gothic II & Add On „Night of the Raven“ about to conquer Eastern Europe

Releases in Poland and Russia prepare the market for Gothic III

Rottenmann, Austria, 14th of January 2005: Gothic II, the RPG masterpiece published by JoWooD Productions, and the Add On “Night of the Raven” will be released in Poland and Russia in the local languages. Gothic II was one of the most successful games 2002 and dominated the charts throughout Europe, especially in the German speaking territories. “We are proud to release Gothic II and the Add On in Russia and in Poland; it's a great opportunity to tease the RPG- and fantasy fans there before the launch of Gothic III.”, comments Stefan Berger, Product Manager JoWooD Productions.

The efforts to ensure the availability of Gothic II in all European markets and to prove the great quality and uniqueness of the product are increasing the hype around Gothic III, which will be released in late 2005. “Gothic III shall break all the selling records of its predecessors! The worldwide fame of the Gothic games is an important key to success!”, explains Gerald Kossaer, International Marketing Director JoWooD Productions.

Release Gothic II Russia/Poland: Q1 2005
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This can be found on http://press.jowood.com
Post Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:51 am
mazu
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Give us a finnish version then damnit! We are neighbours with russia , your big friend.
Post Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:19 pm
fatBastard()
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
I think the US should retaliate and not release Elder Scrolls 4 in Europe.

Not Europe as a whole, merely the german speaking part.

I really liked both Gothic games but I'm afraid that the very obvious favoritism being shown german speaking countries by both publisher AND developer (Piranha Bytes can not keep blaming JoWood forever) in the case of the missing english expansion pack has left me no choice but to write off Gothic 3 from my "things-to-look-for" list if I'm to keep my sanity.
Post Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:01 am
Morning.LemoN
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
“Gothic III shall break all the selling records of its predecessors! The worldwide fame of the Gothic games is an important key to success!”, explains Gerald Kossaer, International Marketing Director JoWooD Productions.

wtf?? is he pulling our leg with that???

with no english version...
Post Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:58 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

Yes indeed, English is the defacto International Language speak.

Maybe they had some good people who could speak the Russian and Polish voices for free.

How can there be a worldwide release without the most common world ( atleast second) known language?

But it is nice to see it in some other countries; if they ever do make it to the English speaking market -it would actually make some money with decent advertisment.

How many true CRPG have been released? Morrowind, Gothic; not many. Good market to hit. I know many still never heard of Gothic here in the USA, a rather large market to sale to since we are so wealthy a country.
Post Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:21 am
temp

guys, the reason for this whole "no english version" is very simple. polish and russian publishers translate the games of their own money, on their account, while uk/us publishers demand games alredy translated in english. german devs simply can't afford it (or agree on a price)
Post Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:13 pm