Armour
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Fred
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Armour

Hi. Can anyone tell me how I can get some good armour for defense? All I have found is a leather outfit from the Tavern. Thanks so much. Fred
Post Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:28 pm
Graham 2
High Emperor
High Emperor

I believe that this may be in the wrong thread but I don't care, you will only get better armour when you join a guild, and not before!
Post Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:39 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

This is the correct forum

If you really want to you can insert better armor in marvin mode. But wouldn't suggest it as it would spoil your experience if this is your first time through.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:44 am
Everclearules20
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

To get the best defensive armor, join the militia (Paladin), the second best goes to the mercenaries (Dragon Hunter), and the worst is with the apprentice (Fire Mage).
Post Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:24 am
Angelo
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I wear a heavy magician robe and amulet of Inos and I have defense:
weapons-110
arrows-110
fire-60
magic-60
How strong are the other 2 armours?
Post Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:36 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Heavy Dragonhunter:

Paladin:

without any rings or amulets
Post Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:27 pm
Mgross
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Oh, and btw ... how can i get heavy Magicians armors ? :p IN chapter 4 ?
Post Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:05 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

You don't get anything better than the high magicians robe til ch 5.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:05 pm
rcarter3
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

You get the High Robe of Fire from Pyrokar after you get the amulet repaired at the Circle of the Sun end of Chapter 3 (chapter 4 doesn't start until you enter the VoM) then after you come back from the VoM (end of Chapter 4/start of chapter 5) you discover the hidden room in the basement of the monastery and learn of the Divine Aura of Innos amulet which Xardas (I think) left in the hands of the Mages there prior to his leaving the Circle of Fire for the Dark Side (I love saying that) in the orginal Gothic game. Pyrokar will give you the Amulet which if worn will up your protection stats to:
As the amulet adds 20 protection points to each element (weps, arrows, fire, magic).

Note: you can also procure 2 rings of invincibility which add 10 protection points to each armor class for another added 20 points each yielding

But all things said that kind of protection means you can't wear other rings or amulet for added strength, dex, mana, or life if you wanted or needed to.

Buuuuuuuttttttttt you also get the Soul Summoning Amulet from Brother Karras as a mage which in the end keeps you from losing a lot of mana and life points before you can kill the Black Magician at the doors to the undead dragon just prior to the end of the game too. So to me all in all the Mage is pretty kick butt in the end, you have nice protection, as the soul summoning amulet works worn or not and a kick butt rune you make (holy missle) and you can, by the end of the game, defeat everyone with only magic. You only need a bow/crossbow at one point on the Halls of Irdorath Island (Dragon Isle).

Make for a nice way to end the game I think
Post Fri Apr 02, 2004 4:16 am
Damelron
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Yea, but thats why i prefer the melee characters in the game. Beacuse I killed him in about oooo Id say 1 hit . Even the Undead dragon he only took 4 or 5 hits I cant remember. But in the future i do want to make a mage, and since ive made a pally and a merc i want to make a mage and then make a cheat char and get every spell wep armor etc etc. . .
Post Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:34 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

@Damelron,

Tell me more about the "cheat" character you wish for, you want every spell,rune,weapon,armour, everything - - - - ?
Post Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:39 pm
rcarter3
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I have a cheat character which has over 800,000 gold pieces, every armor, every major weapon (ore dragon slayer one and two handed) the paladin blessed blades one and two handed, the dragon slicer, ore slayer, dragon bow and crossbow, all runes (including the holy missle) the one and two handed books, stats as follows, str -600+, dex 560+, mana a few thousand with 300 mana per sec renewal setup, life points around 1500 all skills learned that you can carry with you in a game (note: you have to learn hunting skills each new game even with a cheat character) about 4700+ experience points to use at present. melee skills 1h- 200+ 2h - 200+ bow - 200+ crossbow - 200+ it is preset without a guild so I can use it to just have fun with the game now since I have defeated the dragons as a mil/pal, merc/dh, and novice/mage several times each. I am willing to sent it out as a .zen file if you want Damelron and I can modify any of these stats and weapons to suit your needs if you want just let me know what you want and I'll fix you a "superhero.zen" file you can put in your save folder and then load with marvin mode for experimentation or just for fun.
Post Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:32 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

But there is a character allready in the game that anybody can insert by themselves, surely you know who this is ?
Post Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:22 pm
rcarter3
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

PC_ITEMFELLER
Post Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:18 am
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

quote:
Originally posted by rcarter3
I have a cheat character which has over 800,000 gold pieces, every armor, every major weapon (ore dragon slayer one and two handed) the paladin blessed blades one and two handed, the dragon slicer, ore slayer, dragon bow and crossbow, all runes (including the holy missle) the one and two handed books, stats as follows, str -600+, dex 560+, mana a few thousand with 300 mana per sec renewal setup, life points around 1500 all skills learned that you can carry with you in a game (note: you have to learn hunting skills each new game even with a cheat character) about 4700+ experience points to use at present. melee skills 1h- 200+ 2h - 200+ bow - 200+ crossbow - 200+ it is preset without a guild so I can use it to just have fun with the game now since I have defeated the dragons as a mil/pal, merc/dh, and novice/mage several times each. I am willing to sent it out as a .zen file if you want Damelron and I can modify any of these stats and weapons to suit your needs if you want just let me know what you want and I'll fix you a "superhero.zen" file you can put in your save folder and then load with marvin mode for experimentation or just for fun.

You know, one thing is to cheat by adding an item here and there and potion and such, makes the game easier, and makes one lose some fun, but not all. Another thing is to 'make' a char like that, which is overdone even by the 'cheating standards'
Post Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:55 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next